4 to 20 mA current loop output water level transmitters with a for use with process instrumentation for measuring the level of water in a water well, water reservoir, river or water storage tank. Choose a water level transmitter to transmit a 4-20 milliamp current signal using two wires for both power supply and signal.
- LMK382 Low Range IP68 Waste Water Level Transmitter - Submersible Low Range waste water level transmitter with intrinsically safe option for monitoring the level of sewage and effluent in water treatment plants.
- LMK306 Ground Water Level Transmitter - IP68 sealed hydrostatic level transmitter with a 17mm diameter for lowering into ground water boreholes for environmental monitoring of water level.
- LMP307 Submersible Level Transmitter - Submersible level transmitter for measuring liquid level with a 4-20mA current loop or a 0-10V voltage output plus optional ATEX approval for intrinsically safe use in hazardous areas in ranges from 1mH2O up to 250mH2O. The LMP307 is suitable for use on potable water with no leaching, and can be supplied with a drinking water certificate according to DVGW and KTW.
- 18.605 G Low Cost Submersible Diesel Fuel and Water Tank Level Sensor - Low cost OEM diesel fuel or water level sensor for installing inside or outside a storage tank.
- IMSTL IP68 Water Temperature and Depth Transmitter - Stainless steel 316L waterproof probe for measuring both water temperature and depth and generating two separate 4-20mA current loop measurement signals.
- IWSL Potable Water Submersible Level Sensor - IP68 protect pressure sensor for monitoring potable water level to depths of 100 metres.
- LMK307 Submersible Waste Water Level Sensor - Submersible waste water level sensor with optional intrinsic safety certification for monitoring the level of sewage and effluent in water treatment plants.
- LMP 308 Removable Waterproof Cable Connection Water Level Sensor - Groundwater, tank & reservoir water level detachable submersible cable hydrostatic liquid level sensor for multiple municipal water level measurement locations.
Specifying water level transmitter with 4-20mA output requirements
Some questions to ask when defining the product requirements for a water level transmitter with 4-20mA output.
How do you want to install the water level transmitter, will it be mounted to the outside of a water tank, lowered inside a water tank, or suspended from a platform above the water surface?
What kind of water will you be measuring, freshwater, seawater, drinking water, chlorinated water or wastewater?
What range of water level in metres or feet do you need to measure over?
If measuring a water tank, is the tank air tight or vented to outside air pressure?
How accurate does the water level measurement need to be?
Will it be used to determine the quantity of water, or to protect from overfill or underfill?
Do you have a preference on what type of electrical connector and 4-20mA signal cable to use?
Will the water level transmitter be exposed to an indoor or outdoor environment?
Could the water level transmitter be temporarily flooded or will it be permanent submerged?
If a cable is required, how long does it need to be to connect to the water level measurement instrumentation?
If the water level transmitter is going to be external to a tank, how do you intend to mount the sensor if it is going to be fitted to the outside of a tank, what type and size of thread or flange?
Would you like to measure the water temperature as well with a separate 4-20mA signal from the same transmitter?
Checklist for water level transmitter with 4-20mA output requirements
Define your water level transmitter with 4-20mA output requirements using this checklist:
- Installation type?
- Water type?
- Level range?
- Electrical connection?
- Process connection?
- Temperature measurement?