I’m looking to monitor the depth of water in a river up to around 1 metre deep, but occasionally there is a storm and the river swells to a depth of 10 metres. Is there a sensor which can provide a 4-20mA output over the 1 metre range to a reasonable precision, which will be protected from the storm rises?
The LMK382 is a low range water level sensor with in-built protection from storm surges. The sensing diaphragm is protected from surges in water depth by a capacitive ceramic sensing element. We would suggest a 1mH2O range to provide the optimum accuracy over a 1 metre range of depth, and the maximum storm surge depth for this range is 40 mH20.
LMK382 Low Range Water Level Transmitter with Storm Surge Protection
- Pressure Range: 1
- Units: mH2O
- Reference Type: Gauge / Vented (atm to +P)
- Output Signal: 4-20mA, 2 wire
- Accuracy: 0.35% FS
- Installation Type: Probe version with nose cone
- Housing Material: Stainless Steel 316L
- Diaphragm Material: Ceramic Al2O3 96%
- Media Exposed Seals: FKM
- Cable Type: PVC (70degC max)
- Cable Length: 15
- Cable Length Units: Metres (m)