This guide will help you choose digital pressure gauges by pointing you to the most appropriate product for a particular feature or function you need for testing, monitoring or recording pressures.
Digital pressures gauges are more accurate and easier to read to a higher level of precision than mechanical dial pressure gauges.
Analogue dial pressure gauges are not as accurate as solid state pressure gauges due to the accuracy and stability of strain gage sensing technology over the bourdon tube technology used in most dial pressure gages.
There is no ambiguity when reading a digital pressure gauge, because unlike analogue dial pressure gauges, there is no parallax error caused by viewing a needle on a dial with limited resolution at different angles.
Choose a featured digital pressure gauge from the list below to view product specification details and request a price quotation.
- Pressure Indicator Transmitters - Pressure indicator transmitters have a digital indicator for providing a local pressure reading, and a 4-20mA pressure transmitter.
- Analog Output Pressure Gauges - Analog output signal pressure gauges for local indication of pressure and for providing a analog signal input for a PLC or other process control instrumentation.
- Max / Min Stored Reading Electronic Pressure Gauges - Maximum & minimum hold reading digital pressure gauges for displaying and storing the highest and lowest pressure value reached.
- Computer Interface Pressure Gauges - Connect a pressure gauge to a desktop or laptop computer via USB or RS232 serial bus connection.
- Vacuum, Suction, Negative Pressure Gauges - Vacuum range gauges for measuring absolute vacuum or suction pressures which can be permanently installed or used as a test gauge.
- Data Logging Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges for capturing measurements and storing them on internal memory. In addition to logging pressure measurements, these data-logging pressure gauges will also display actual pressure readings like any other dedicated digital pressure gauge.
- High Temperature Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges for measuring high temperature fluids or gases. These high temperature pressure gauges are have or include optional extra design features to protect the pressure gauge from high temperature media.
- Battery Powered Pressure Gauges
- Absolute Reference Pressure Gauges
- Digital Manometers
- Intrinsically Safe Pressure Gauges
- Air Pressure Gauges
- Pressure Indicator Transducers
- 1000 bar, 15000 psi, 100 MPa Pressure Gauges, Meters & Manometers
- LED Readout Electronic Pressure Gauges
- High Accuracy, Precision & Resolution Pressure Gauges
- Low Range Pressure Gauges
- Keller Digital Manometers
- Barometric & Atmospheric Pressure Gauges
- Keller Digital Pressure Gauges
- Sanitary Process Fitting Flush Diaphragm Digital Pressure Gauges
- BD Sensors Pressure Gauges
- Food & Drink Grade, Hygienic Pressure Gauges
- Flush Diaphragm Pressure Gauges
- High Range Pressure Gauges
- LCD Digital Display Pressure Gauges
Select a digital pressure gauge for your application
Digital pressure gauges with threaded pressure connections for fixed installation on process or test equipment. Select pressure ranges suitable for pneumatic or hydraulic applications with various grades of accuracy, display features and process connectors.
If you would like us to select a digital pressure gauge for you, then please use this form to specify your requirements.
Pressure range type
Choose the range of pressure which your required range falls within to view matching product details.
- Very low pressure 2.5…50 mbar / 1…20 inH2O (gauge, differential)
- Low pressure 100…3000 mbar / 1.5 psi…50 psi (gauge, absolute)
- Mid pressure 3…30 bar / 50…435 psi (gauge, absolute)
- High pressure 30…1000 bar / 435…14,500 psi (gauge, absolute)
- Very high pressure 1000…2200 bar / 14,500…32,000 psi (gauge)
High precision pressure test gauge for accurately monitoring test pressures or using as a master test gauge to calibrate other pressure instruments. This gauge can be used with pneumatic or hydraulic hand pumps to accurately set calibration pressures as part of ISO9000 quality calibration procedures. This instrument can be provided with a UKAS accreditation calibration certificate for traceability purposes.
EEx certified digital pressure gauges for use with potential flammable gases and liquids. These gauges have been approved to the European ATEX regulatory standard for limiting electrical discharge or excessive heat to prevent the ignition of a volatile gas or liquid.
- -0.3 to + 0.3 bar
- -1 to 2 bar
- -1 to 3 bar
- -1 to 10 bar
- -1 to 20 bar
- 300 bar
- 400 bar
- 700 bar
- 1000 bar
- 1600 bar
- 2000 bar
- 2500 bar
BSP P Thread
BSP P parallel thread connection pressure gauge with different size & style of BSP-P (British Standard Pipe Parallel) threaded process connections such as 1/4 inch BSP and 1/2 inch BSP. Choose DIN3852 style connections for sealing with dowty or bonded seals around the outside of the thread or with EN837 (DIN16288) which use smaller O ring gaskets on the tip of the male BSP process connection.
NPT tapered thread connector pressure gauge with 1/4 or 1/2 inch NPT (National Pipe Thread Tapered) male thread process connectors for sealing with thread sealant or PTFE tape.
Hygienic & sanitary pressure gauge for measuring the pressure & hydrostatic level in food & pharmaceutical applications. These types of digital pressure gauge have an all stainless steel 316L front end construction with the option for food grade oil fill for full compliance with food, dairy, beverage, medical & biotech requirements for cleaning and prevention of contamination.
LCD digital display pressure gauge with a liquid crystal display which extends the battery life allowing continuous use over long periods of time to monitor process pressures.
LED readout electronic pressure gauge with highly visible light emitting diode readouts to enable easy reading of pressure from a distance or in areas where there are poor lighting conditions. Due to the increased power consumption of the LED digital display, this gauge require an external low voltage DC power supply.
Features & Functions
Digital pressure gauges open up a wealth of functionality that will help you enhance your pressure test results and analysis.
Changing Pressure Units
The most requested feature for digital pressure gauges is the ability to change pressure units and most gauges provide this function. Not all gauges will convert every pressure unit though, it can vary from a choice of just bar/psi, to many more, so it is worth checking the spec first to make sure all the units that you need to convert are included.
The LEX1 is a multi-unit pressure gauge used for displaying pressure readings in different units.
Storing Max/Min Values
You can’t always be present to check the pressure of a process, so how do you know whether the pressure has risen or fallen while you were away? A maximum/minimum or peak/valley hold feature would give you some idea of what has happened between visual checks. This feature will continually monitor the pressure and update the memory with the highest and lowest reading reached.
The LEO1 is a max/min hold pressure gauge used in pressure testing to record the lowest and highest reading.
Internal Data Storage
A step up from the max/min hold is a full data logging capability where you can manually or automatically set intervals for storing the rise and fall in pressure reading in a larger capacity memory. Some gauges will allow you to review the test results via the gauge’s digital display or upload them via a computer interface for detailed analysis.
The LEO Record is a battery powered logging pressure gauge used to store data within the device and uploading to a computer for analysis at a later time.
Linking to a Computer
A similar function is to provide a USB or RS232 interface for gauges which do not have sufficient internal memory for logging. This enables readings to be logged remotely from the gauge onto a computer, but you must maintain a live connection between the gauge and computer otherwise nothing will be recorded.
The LEO3 is a computer connection pressure gauge used for logging directly to the computer screen.
Higher end pressure gauges incorporate displays with a high digit resolution and solid state high precision pressure sensors, which makes them useful for checking performance of other pressure measurement equipment. For example a dial gauge has very low resolution especially if the dial is small, so it is difficult to discern an error, but with a precise digital gauge there are plenty of digits to measure even the slightest error.
The ADT672 is a reference standard pressure gauge used for calibration.
Switch and Signal Output
If external power is available at the intended location for the pressure gauge, you can consider using an output signal such as a switched voltage signal that triggers at values programmed via the front panel display. Alternatively you could also use a variable voltage or current signal for transmitting the pressure reading back to control instrumentation.
The DS200 is a switch and signal output pressure gauge which is used for process control as well as local reading indication.
Specification Selection Table
|Ext. DC Power||•||•||•||•||•|
Browse guidance notes on pressure gauge specifications, applications and installation, plus selecting & using a pressure gauges.
Surface pump suction vacuum gauge
I require a suction vacuum gauge for surface pumps. What product and specification would be able to do this and what would be the accuracy level of the device?
We would suggest the Baroli 02 and 05 with a -1 to 0 bar gauge range for your application to measure the suction vacuum generated by surface pumps. The Baroli 02 has a 0.125% FS BSL accuracy and the Baroli 05 has a 0.25% FS BSL accuracy.