This guide will help you choose digital pressure gauges by pointing you to the most appropriate product for a particular feature or function you need for testing, monitoring or recording pressures.
Digital pressures gauges are more accurate and easier to read to a higher level of precision than mechanical dial pressure gauges.
Analogue dial pressure gauges are not as accurate as solid state pressure gauges due to the accuracy and stability of strain gage sensing technology over the bourdon tube technology used in most dial pressure gages.
There is no ambiguity when reading a digital pressure gauge, because unlike analogue dial pressure gauges, there is no parallax error caused by viewing a needle on a dial with limited resolution at different angles.
Choose a featured digital pressure gauge from the list below to view product specification details and request a price quotation.
- Max / Min Stored Reading Electronic Pressure Gauges - Maximum & minimum hold reading digital pressure gauges for displaying and storing the highest and lowest pressure value reached.
- Pressure Indicator Transmitters - Pressure indicator transmitters have a digital indicator for providing a local pressure reading, and a 4-20mA pressure transmitter.
- Computer Interface Pressure Gauges - Connect a pressure gauge to a desktop or laptop computer via USB or RS232 serial bus connection.
- Vacuum, Suction, Negative Pressure Gauges - Vacuum range gauges for measuring absolute vacuum or suction pressures which can be permanently installed or used as a test gauge.
- Data Logging Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges for capturing measurements and storing them on internal memory. In addition to logging pressure measurements, these data-logging pressure gauges will also display actual pressure readings like any other dedicated digital pressure gauge.
- Analog Output Pressure Gauges - Analog output signal pressure gauges for local indication of pressure and for providing a analog signal input for a PLC or other process control instrumentation.
- Food & Drink Grade, Hygienic Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges which are suitable for installing on processing equipment or storage tanks used in the food and drink industry.
- Pressure Gauges with Integral Data Logger - Digital pressure gauges combined with a programmable data logger for recording pneumatic or hydraulic pressures at set time periods.
- HVAC Pressure Gauges - Gauges used for measuring heating, ventilation and air conditioning parameters.
- Flush Diaphragm Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges with exposed flush diaphragms without any internal volume within the process connection.
- Compound Range Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges which have been calibrated to display the pressure over a negative and positive measurement range.
- Intrinsically Safe Pressure Gauges - Intrinsically safe pressure gauges which are Ex certified for use in areas where flammable or explosive substances are stored or processed.
- Low Range Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges for testing and monitoring low range air or liquid pressures. Choose a pressure gauge for displaying low pressure measurement readings in different pressure units such as mbar, hPa, kPa, psi and inH2O.
- Air Pressure Gauges - Air pressure gauges with digital LCD and LED displays for testing and monitoring pneumatic systems such as air compressors, factory air supply, room air pressure, air cylinders and filling systems.
- Digital Manometers - Select a digital manometer for checking and testing low range pneumatic pressures. Select manometers by type of pressure connector, pressure media, precision and pressure range.
- Battery Powered Pressure Gauges - Digital gauges that are powered by internal batteries for measuring pressures in standalone or remote locations.
- LCD Digital Display Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges with LCD readouts for displaying pressure readings and other information such as pressure units, stored maximum/minimum values, set-up menu screens.
- LED Readout Electronic Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauge with high visibility LED (Light Emitting Diode) digital readouts enable easy reading of pressure from a distance or in areas where there are poor lighting conditions.
- High Range Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges for monitoring high range pressure. High range pressure gauges can be used in applications such as hydraulic testing, calibrating high pressure measurement instrumentation and hydraulic presses.
- Absolute Reference Pressure Gauges - Absolute pressure gauges for measuring pressure relative to a perfect vacuum. Absolute reference pressure gauges are used in applications where a system pressure is not influenced by changes in atmospheric pressure.
- Barometric & Atmospheric Pressure Gauges - Barometric pressure gauges with ranges up to 2 bar absolute which are used for verifying atmospheric pressure in industrial applications.
- High Accuracy, Precision & Resolution Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges for high accuracy pressure measurement with high resolution digital displays, high precision pressure measurement technology and selectable pressure units for use in the laboratory as a secondary pressure standard.
- High Temperature Pressure Gauges - Pressure gauges for measuring high temperature fluids or gases. These high temperature pressure gauges are have or include optional extra design features to protect the pressure gauge from high temperature media.
- Pressure Indicator Transducers - Voltage signal transducers with an integral digital indicator for displaying and sending pressure readings.
- 1000 bar, 15000 psi, 100 MPa Pressure Gauges, Meters & Manometers - High range pressure gauges with a measurement range from 0 to 1000 bar or 15,000 psi.
- Sanitary Process Fitting Flush Diaphragm Digital Pressure Gauges - Sanitary cleanable stainless steel process connection, open face flush diaphragm mounted digital display readout pressure gauges.
Select a digital pressure gauge for your application
Digital pressure gauges with threaded pressure connections for fixed installation on process or test equipment. Select pressure ranges suitable for pneumatic or hydraulic applications with various grades of accuracy, display features and process connectors.
If you would like us to select a digital pressure gauge for you, then please use this form to specify your requirements.
Features & Functions
Digital pressure gauges open up a wealth of functionality that will help you enhance your pressure test results and analysis.
Changing Pressure Units
The most requested feature for digital pressure gauges is the ability to change pressure units and most gauges provide this function. Not all gauges will convert every pressure unit though, it can vary from a choice of just bar/psi, to many more, so it is worth checking the spec first to make sure all the units that you need to convert are included.
Storing Max/Min Values
You can’t always be present to check the pressure of a process, so how do you know whether the pressure has risen or fallen while you were away? A maximum/minimum or peak/valley hold feature would give you some idea of what has happened between visual checks. This feature will continually monitor the pressure and update the memory with the highest and lowest reading reached.
Internal Data Storage
A step up from the max/min hold is a full data logging capability where you can manually or automatically set intervals for storing the rise and fall in pressure reading in a larger capacity memory. Some gauges will allow you to review the test results via the gauge’s digital display or upload them via a computer interface for detailed analysis.
Linking to a Computer
A similar function is to provide a USB or RS232 interface for gauges which do not have sufficient internal memory for logging. This enables readings to be logged remotely from the gauge onto a computer, but you must maintain a live connection between the gauge and computer otherwise nothing will be recorded.
Higher end pressure gauges incorporate displays with a high digit resolution and solid state high precision pressure sensors, which makes them useful for checking performance of other pressure measurement equipment. For example a dial gauge has very low resolution especially if the dial is small, so it is difficult to discern an error, but with a precise digital gauge there are plenty of digits to measure even the slightest error.
Switch and Signal Output
If external power is available at the intended location for the pressure gauge, you can consider using an output signal such as a switched voltage signal that triggers at values programmed via the front panel display. Alternatively you could also use a variable voltage or current signal for transmitting the pressure reading back to control instrumentation.
BSP P Thread
BSP P parallel thread connection pressure gauge with different size & style of BSP-P (British Standard Pipe Parallel) threaded process connections such as 1/4 inch BSP and 1/2 inch BSP. Choose DIN3852 style connections for sealing with dowty or bonded seals around the outside of the thread or with EN837 (DIN16288) which use smaller O ring gaskets on the tip of the male BSP process connection.
NPT tapered thread connector pressure gauge with 1/4 or 1/2 inch NPT (National Pipe Thread Tapered) male thread process connectors for sealing with thread sealant or PTFE tape.
Specification Selection Table
|Ext. DC Power||•||•||•||•||•|
Surface pump suction vacuum gauge
I require a suction vacuum gauge for surface pumps. What product and specification would be able to do this and what would be the accuracy level of the device?
We would suggest the Baroli 02 and 05 with a -1 to 0 bar gauge range for your application to measure the suction vacuum generated by surface pumps. The Baroli 02 has a 0.125% FS BSL accuracy and the Baroli 05 has a 0.25% FS BSL accuracy.
- Reduce calibration costs of analogue pressure gauges
- Determining calibration error of Bourdon tube pressure gauge
- Simulating 8000 foot altitude with a pressure gauge
- Determine range of pressure gauge needed to measure force generated by hydraulic press