Pressure indicator transmitters have a digital indicator for providing a local indication of pressure reading, and a 4-20 milliamp output pressure transmitter for sending an analogue signal to control & monitoring instrumentation. The built-in digital indicators can be scaled via push buttons or adjustment pots to any pressure unit or a 0-100% full scaling. No additional external supply is required, since the digital indicator is powered by the 4-20mA current loop from the pressure transmitter.
- DS210 Combined Low Pressure Switch, Indicator and Sensor - Low range three in one pressure switch, pressure indicator and pressure sensor for use on pneumatics and HVAC applications.
- LEO3 Current or Digital Output Pressure Gauge - LCD digital pressure gauge powered externally by a 2 wire series 4-20mA current loop or a digital interface.
- DS200 Combined Pressure Switch, Gauge and Sensor - Three in one electronic pressure switch, digital pressure gauge and pressure sensor with pressure ranges from 100 mbar up to 600 bar (1.5 to 9000 psi).
- DS200P Sanitary Low Range Pressure Gauge, Switch and Sensor - All in one electronic switch, gauge and sensor designed specifically for use in the food, drink and biomedical industry for measuring process pressures.
- DS201P High Range Flush Pressure Gauge, Switch and Sensor - High pressure sensor, electronic switch and digital gauge with an all welded stainless steel flush diaphragm for high viscosity liquids.
- DS201 Combined Pressure Sensor, Display and Switch - Ceramic diaphragm diaphragm based pressure sensor, indicator & electronic switch with pressure ranges from 0-0.4 bar up to 0-600 bar.
Specifying pressure indicator transmitter features
A pressure indicator transmitter includes a built-in pressure gauge for reading in-situ.
Do you require LCD, backlit LCD, or an LED display?
A display can be configured to display the pressure reading in different pressure units, or as a % full scale, the 4-20mA output, alarm levels, and calibration values.
Typically a pressure transmitter with a built-in display indicator will have a 4-20mA 2 wire current loop signal. This 4-20mA signal may include intrinsically safe or flameproof certification for hazardous areas, and HART communications for use in a process plant with other HART enabled devices.
Since there is a built-in display it is possible to add alarm contact switches on some pressure indicator transmitters which are easily configurable via the display and menu keys.
The contact switches are normally a solid state type such as PNP or NPN, which keeps the size and wiring to a minimum.
Depending on the product type it is possible to re-calibrate the 4-20mA output signal and the display reading by adjusting the zero and span setting via the display panel menu buttons.
Turn-down the output signal to re-scale the measured range. The turndown ratio defines how low the range can be reduced. A ratio of 3:1 or 4:1 is possible with simpler lower cost transmitters, and increases to 10:1 or 100:1 with more expensive intelligent transmitters.
Will the pressure indicating transmitter need to be moved or re-purposed to measure over a different range?
Checklist for pressure indicator transmitter requirements
Define your pressure indicator transmitter requirements using this checklist:
- Indicator type?
- Output signal?
- Alarm switch?
- Turn-down ratio?
- Pressure range?
- Electrical connection?
- Process connection?