Bourdon Tube is a flattened length of thin hollow metal tubing which is formed into a C shape.
If the tube is closed at one end and pressurised at the other end, the flattened tube will become more circular which will cause the tube to straighten by an amount which is proportional to the applied pressure.
If a rotating needle is attached to the closed end via some gears and linking mechanisms, it is possible to transform the displacement of the Bourdon tube into a needle rotation.
If a dial is added behind the needle with calibrated pressure reading markings, it can be used as a pressure gauge.
Pressure gauge products
- Baroli 02 Precision Digital Pressure Gauge
- LEX1 (Ei) High Accuracy Digital Pressure Gauge
- Clean Room Monitor for Air Differential Pressure, Temperature and Humidity – PMDS4
- Computer Interface Pressure Gauges
Sensor Technology Related Terms
More pages related to sensor technology technical terms.
- BFSG – Bonded Foil Strain Gauge
- Capacitive Fluid Level Measurement
- Ceramic Pressure Sensors
- Conductive Fluid Level Detection
- Doppler Effect Flow Measurement
- Float Fluid Level Detection
- LVDT – Linear Variable Differential Transformer
- Paddle Wheel Sensor
- Piezoresistive Strain Gauges
- Positive Displacement Flow Measurement
- Radar Distance Sensing
- SOI – Silicon on Insulator
- Strain Gauge
- Thin Film
- Transit Time Flow Measurement
- Turbine Rotor Sensor
- Ultrasonic Distance Sensing
- Ultrasonic Flow Velocity Sensors
- Vibrating Tuning Fork Fluid Level Detection
- Vortex Flow Measurement
- Wheatstone Bridge Strain Gauge