Bonded foil strain gauges (BFSG) are metal based foil elements that are incorporated into a flexible electrically insulating material which can then be bonded to a surface with adhesives.
As stress is applied to the material, the BFSG will deform and the resistance changes. If a voltage is applied across the BFSG it can be used to measure the amount of strain by monitoring the variation in voltage drop through the BFSG.
- Bonded Foil Strain Gauge Pressure Sensors - Bonded foil strain gauge or BFSG pressure sensors have foil gauges made from materials such as Constantan which are bonded using industrial adhesives to a stainless diaphragm or beam which is the material which flexes in response to change in pressure.
- TPS Strain Gauge Pressure Sensor
- TPSA Precision High Pressure Transducer
- DMP304 Ultra High Range Hydraulic Pressure Transducer
- TPFADA Flush Diaphragm Pressure Transmitter
- DMP 335 All Welded Stainless Steel Diaphragm Pressure Sensor
Related Help Pages
Browse other help pages associated with the same topic group as this Bonded Foil Strain Gauge page.
Sensor Technology Related Terms
More pages related to sensor technology technical terms.