Paddle wheel impeller and magnetic pickup sensor.
A paddle wheel or pelton wheel device consists of a wheel with profiled blades which are driven around an axis perpendicular to the direction of flow.
A fixed pickup sensor counts each time a blade containing a magnet passes which when combined with a time measurement, the rotational speed of the blades can be calculated. The frequency output can then be converted to a any output signal or display reading for monitoring or controlling the speed of a substance passing the paddlewheel sensor.
Flow measurement products
- 250″wc Orifice plate flow measurement dp transmitter
- 2ft range SDI-12 interface submersible shallow depth streamflow level sensor
- Water system peak demand pressure and flow data logger
- 150 psig RS485 Modbus RTU chilled water pressure sensor for supply and return monitoring
Sensor Technology Related Terms
More pages related to sensor technology technical terms.
- BFSG – Bonded Foil Strain Gauge
- Bourdon Tube
- Capacitive Fluid Level Measurement
- Ceramic Pressure Sensors
- Conductive Fluid Level Detection
- Doppler Effect Flow Measurement
- Float Fluid Level Detection
- LVDT – Linear Variable Differential Transformer
- Piezoresistive Strain Gauges
- Positive Displacement Flow Measurement
- Radar Distance Sensing
- SOI – Silicon on Insulator
- Strain Gauge
- Thin Film
- Transit Time Flow Measurement
- Turbine Rotor Sensor
- Ultrasonic Distance Sensing
- Ultrasonic Flow Velocity Sensors
- Vibrating Tuning Fork Fluid Level Detection
- Vortex Flow Measurement
- Wheatstone Bridge Strain Gauge