Dyne per Square Centimeter is one of the smallest pressure units and is derived from the CGS unit for force where 1 Dyne equals 1 gram accelerated by 1 centimeter per second per second. 1 Dyne per Square Centimetre equals 0.1 Pascals.
The dyn/cm^2 is mainly used for pressures associated with the measurement of shear stress and is strongly linked to the measurement of surface tension where dyne/cm is a commonly used unit.
You will find conversion values for 1 dyn/cm2 into other pressure units in the table below.
To find the number of dynes/cm2 that other pressure units convert into, please click on the appropriate link from the choices below.
For calculating several values of dynes/cm2 we suggest you use our pressure unit converter to save time.
dyn/cm² Pressure Conversion Factors
- 0.000001 bar
- 0.0000145038 psi
- 0.001 mbar
- 0.1 N/m²
- 0.1 Pa
- 0.001 hPa
- 0.0001 kPa
- 0.0000001 MPa
- 0.00000101972 kg/cm²
- 0.0101972 mmH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.00101972 cmH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.0000101972 mH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.000401463 inH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.0000334553 ftH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.000750062 mmHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.0000750062 cmHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.0000295300 inHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.000750062 Torr
- 0.750062 mTorr
- 0.000000986923 atm
- 0.00000101972 at
- 1 dyn/cm²
- 0.000232060 oz/in²
- 0.750062 µHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.00000000647490 tsi (uk, long)
- 0.00000000725189 tsi (usa, short)
- 0.00000104427 tsf (usa, short)
- 0.00208854 psf
- 0.00101972 g/cm²
Please note that the conversion factors above are accurate to 6 significant figures.
The calculation below shows how the pressure unit Dyne per Square Centimetre (dyn/cm²) is derived from SI Units.
- Pressure = Force / Area
- Force = Mass x Acceleration
- Acceleration = Distance / (Second x Second)
- Mass: Kilogram (kg)
- Length: Metre (m)
- Time: Second (s)
- Force: Newton (N)
- Pressure: Pascal (Pa)
- 1 gram = 0.001 kg
- 1 Centimetre = 0.01 m
- 1 Second = 1 s
- 1 Second Squared = 1 s²
- 1 Square Centimetre = 0.01 m x 0.01 m = 0.0001 m²
- 1 Dyne = 0.001 kg x 0.01 m/s² = 0.00001 N
- 1 dyn/cm² Pressure = 0.00001 N / 0.0001 m² = 0.1 Pa
dyn/cm² Alternate Descriptions
These are the different versions used for identifying dyn/cm² that you may find elsewhere.
- Dyne per Square Centimetre
- Dyne per Square Centimeter
- Dynes Force per Square Centimetre
- Dynes per Square Centimeter
- dyn/sq cm
- dyne/sq cm
- dynes/sq cm