Micron or Micrometre of Mercury is a very small pressure unit which is derived from the pressure due to gravity that is generated by a 1 micrometer (1/1000mm) column of liquid mercury. 1 micron of mercury of mercury at zero degrees Celsius equals 0.133322 pascals.
The main use for micrometers of mercury is to measure high vacuum.
The micron of Hg pressure unit is treated as being equal to 1 millitorr, however although the mtorr is a fixed value, the mercury measurement can vary slightly around the world depending what is assumed for the density of mercury and local gravity.
For more information on how Mercury units are derived, please go to our mmHg web page.
Pick a pressure unit conversion factor from the list below for the equivalent value of 1 micron Hg.
Click one one of the units below to find the conversion value to microns of Hg.
Generate many different unit conversions and values of micrometres of Hg using our webpage pressure converter.
- 0.00000133322 bar
- 0.0000193368 psi
- 0.00133322 mbar
- 0.133322 N/m²
- 0.133322 Pa
- 0.00133322 hPa
- 0.000133322 kPa
- 0.000000133322 MPa
- 0.00000135951 kg/cm²
- 0.0135951 mmH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.00135951 cmH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.0000135951 mH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.000535240 inH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.0000446033 ftH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.001 mmHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.0001 cmHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.0000393701 inHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.001000000 Torr
- 1.000000 mTorr
- 0.00000131579 atm
- 0.00000135951 at
- 1.33322 dyn/cm²
- 0.000309388 oz/in²
- 1 µHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.00000000863249 tsi (uk, long)
- 0.00000000966839 tsi (usa, short)
- 0.00000139225 tsf (usa, short)
- 0.00278450 psf
- 0.00135951 g/cm²
Please note that the conversion factors above are accurate to 6 significant figures.
The calculation below shows how the pressure unit microns of mercury (µHg) is derived from SI Units.
- Pressure = Force / Area
- Force = Mass x Acceleration
- Mass = Density x Volume
- Volume = Area x Height
- Acceleration = Distance / (Time x Time)
- Mass: kilogram (kg)
- Distance: metre (m)
- Time: second (s)
- Force: newton (N)
- Pressure: pascal (Pa)
- Density = Mercury Density at 0degC = 13595.1 kg/m³
- Area = 1 m²
- Height = 1 µm = 0.000001 m
- Acceleration = Standard Gravity = 9.80665 m/s²
- 1 µHg Mass = 13595.1 kg/m³ x 1 m² x 0.000001 m = 0.0135951 kg
- 1 µHg Force = 0.0135951 kg x 9.80665 m/s² = 0.1333223874 N
- 1 µHg Pressure = 0.1333223874 N / 1 m² = 0.1333223874 Pa
These are the different versions used for identifying mmHg that you may find elsewhere.
- Micron of Mercury
- Microns of Mercury
- Micrometre of Mercury
- Millimetres of Mercury
- Micrometer of Mercury
- Millimeters of Mercury
- Micron of Mercury Column
- Microns of Mercury Column
- Micrometre of Mercury Column
- Millimetres of Mercury Column
- Micrometer of Mercury Column
- Millimeters of Mercury Column
- µ Hg
- µm Hg
- micron Hg
Measurement Unit Related Terms
More pages related to measurement unit technical terms.