Grams or Grams Force per Square Centimetre is a cgs system (centimetre, gram, second) pressure unit which is now largely obsolete and officially superceded by the SI system of units. 1 Gram per Square Centimeter is 98.0665 pascals.
The gf/cm² pressure unit is comparable in value to 1 mbar (hPa) and is used for low pressure measurements of gas burners, and pneumatic valves for example. It is also used as a measure of stress of biological and textile material.
You will find the conversion value of 1 g/cm2 in other units below.
To convert another unit into g/cm2 please click on the relevant unit in the table below.
To convert many pressure values from or into Grams Force per Square Centimetre please use our online conversion calculator.
- 0.000980665 bar
- 0.0142233 psi
- 0.980665 mbar
- 98.0665 N/m²
- 98.0665 Pa
- 0.980665 hPa
- 0.0980665 kPa
- 0.0000980665 MPa
- 0.001 kg/cm²
- 10 mmH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 1 cmH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.01 mH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.393701 inH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.0328084 ftH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.735559 mmHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.0735559 cmHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.0289590 inHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.735559 Torr
- 735.559 mTorr
- 0.000967841 atm
- 0.001 at
- 980.665 dyn/cm²
- 0.227573 oz/in²
- 735.559 µHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.00000634971 tsi (uk, long)
- 0.00000711167 tsi (usa, short)
- 0.00102408 tsf (usa, short)
- 2.04816 psf
- 1 g/cm²
Please note that the conversion factors above are accurate to 6 significant figures.
The calculation below shows how the pressure unit Gram per Square Centimetre (g/cm²) is derived from SI Units.
- Pressure = Force / Area
- Force = Mass x Acceleration
- Acceleration = Distance / (Time x Time)
- Mass: kilogram (kg)
- Length: metre (m)
- Time: second (s)
- Force: newton (N)
- Pressure: pascal (Pa)
- 1 Gram = 0.001 kg
- 1 Centimetre = 0.01 m
- 1 Square Centimetre = 0.01 m x 0.01 m = 0.0001 m²
- Acceleration = Standard Gravity = 9.80665 m/s²
- 1 Gram Force = 0.001 kg x 9.80665 m/s² = 0.00980665 N
- 1 g/cm² Pressure = 0.00980665 N / 0.0001 m² = 98.0665 Pa
These are the different versions used for identifying g/cm² that you may find elsewhere.
- Gram per Square Centimetre
- Gram Force per Square Centimetre
- Gram per Square Centimeter
- Gram Force per Square Centimeter
- Grammes per Square Centimetre
- Grammes Force per Square Centimetre
- Grammes per Square Centimeter
- Grammes Force per Square Centimeter
- Grams per Square Centimetre
- Grams Force per Square Centimetre
- Grams per Square Centimeter
- Grams Force per Square Centimeter
- g/sq cm
- gf/sq cm
- gm/sq cm
- gmf/sq cm
- gms/sq cm
- gmsf/sq cm
Select a look up table for converting a pressure reading in grams force per square centimetre to other measurement units.
- psi » 1 to 2,000 g/cm² → 0.0142233 to 28.4467 psi
Measurement Unit Related Terms
More pages related to measurement unit technical terms.