Wireless battery powered pressure sensor and receiver system for connecting up to 5 pressure sensors without wires to a central wireless receiver which converts each received pressure signal channel to a 1-5Vdc or 4-20mA output.
- Product Parameters
- Product Description
- Related Documents
- Pressure Range: 50 up to 1000 mbar, 1 up to 15 psi gauge & absolute, -1 up to 400 bar, -15…0 up to 5800 psi gauge
- Accuracy: 0.25% FS non-linearity & hysteresis
- Receiver Output: 4-20mA or 1-5Vdc
- Receiver Range: 500m / 1650ft max
- Receiver Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Battery Life: 5 years at 10 sec update rate
- Alarm Output: 5A rated changeover contact
- Electrical Connection: Screw terminals via cable gland
- Process Connection: ¼ BSP P or ¼ NPT male
- Media Compatibility: Ceramic diaphragm, Stainless steel 316 process connection, Viton seals
- Media Operating Temperature: -20 to +135degC
- Sensor Ambient Temperature: -20 to +80degC
- Receiver Operating Temperature: -20 to +50degC
- Special Features: Wireless signal transmission, battery powered
- Special Options: 3dBI antenna 750m / 2500ft max range
- Sensor Power: Internal battery, Lithium C cell
- Receiver Power: 12…32 Vdc external
The IWPT wireless pressure sensor & receiver is a cost effective replacement to a traditionally wired pressure sensors that offers the advantages of a low-cost installation in inaccessible and expensive installation environments.
The key benefit of wireless is to avoid long, tortuous or expensive cable runs over larger areas. The battery powered wireless pressure sensors can have a range of up to 750m, and can communicate with either a single-channel or five-channel receivers for multi-measurement systems.
Setting up the equipment is quick and easy to do, and free configuration software is available for more complex systems. The pressure sensors are easily paired to the compatible IWR family of single or five channel wireless receivers thus offering a plug and play solution for your pressure measurement applications.
Wireless Battery Powered Pressure Sensors
The IWPT sensor should be used with either the IWR-1 or IWR-5 receiver. A line-of-sight range of up to 500m / 1650ft is possible or 750m / 2500ft max if used with the 3dBI antenna.
Each device is temperature compensated, calibrated and supplied with a traceable serial number.
A swivel adaptor is available which allows the head to be easily aligned to the IWR receiver.
IWPT, IWPTU (-1 to 400 bar, -15 to 5800 psi ranges)
The higher pressure range IWPT (bar, 1/4bsp) & IWPTU (psi, 1/4npt ) wireless pressure sensor uses a piezo-resistive ceramic sensor module mounted within a 316 stainless steel housing giving excellent media compatibility for the harshest of applications.
IWPTL, IWPTLU (50 to 1000 mbar, 1 to 15 psi ranges)
The lower pressure range IWPTL (bar,1/4bsp) & IWPTLU (psi, 1/4npt) wireless pressure sensor uses a piezo-resistive silicon sensor module mounted within a 316 stainless steel housing giving excellent media compatibility for the harshest of applications.
Wireless Receiver Signal Converters
Each wireless receiver has a user selectable 1 to 5 volt dc or 4 to 20 milliamp analogue signal output corresponding to the calibrated pressure range of the remote wireless pressure sensor and 5 amp rated changeover contact for alarm functionality.
With the standard 0dBI antenna, a line-of-sight range of up to 500m can be achieved and, using the optional 3dBI antenna, up to 750m (LOS) is achievable.
User channel configuration is possible with the use of the program, IWR-Set, which ensures minimal user set-up time and thus ensures a simple solution to multi-channel pressure measurement applications.
IWR-1 Single Channel
The IWR-1 is a single channel receiver designed to pair with the IWPT series of wireless pressure sensors to form a cost effective replacement of the traditional wired pressure transducer.
In addition to user configuration software provided, the single channel transmitter/receiver combination is designed to work ‘out of the box’ offering a simple plug and play solution to pressure measurement applications.
IWR-5 Five Channel
The IWR-5 is a five channel receiver designed to pair with the IWPT series of wireless pressure sensors to form a cost effective replacement of the traditional wired pressure transducer.
- Simple cable replacement installation – dispense with expensive cable runs
- Environmental monitoring – pumping stations, sewage plants, water treatment
- Facilities management – boiler rooms, plant, hydraulics, plant pneumatics
- Asset monitoring – tanks farms, process plants, HVAC and building management
- Service Contract – temporary installation for servicing and field trials
Specification data sheets
- IWPT data sheet
- IWPTL data sheet
- IWPTLU data sheet
- IWPTU data sheet
- IWR-1 data sheet
- IWR-5 data sheet