Gefran range of industrial current, voltage and digital output pressure sensors for measuring pneumatic and hydraulic pressures on factory automation equipment and test systems.
Gefran industrial pressure sensors are purpose built for use on hydraulic systems and have an all stainless steel and welded construction to take measurement readings over very high pressure ranges.
- KH Mobile Hydraulics Pressure Sensor - The Gefran KH mobile hydraulics pressure sensor is a low cost compact stainless steel high pressure sensor for use in large quantity OEM applications on mobile vehicles. The KX is available in ranges from 4 bar / 60 psi up to 1000 bar / 15000 psi.
- KHC CANopen DS404 Communications Protocol Pressure Sensor - The Gefran KHC Series is a compact pressure sensor with a CANopen digital interface for use with vehicle digital networks. The KHC CANopen DS404 coms protocol pressure sensor is available in pressure ranges from 0-1 bar up to 0-1000 bar gauge.
- KS Compact SIL2 Approved Pressure Sensor - The Gefran KS Series is a small size oil free all stainless steel pressure sensor with SIL2 certification for incorporating into the design of industrial automation machinery. The KS compact SIL2 approved pressure sensor is available in ranges from 0-1 bar up to 0-1000 bar gauge
- KX ATEX Intrinsically Safe SIL2 Approved Pressure Sensor - The Gefran KX pressure sensor is ATEX approved for use with intrinsic safety barriers in hazardous areas, and is SIL 2 approved for additional safety. The KX is available in ranges from -1 to 1 bar up to 1000 bar.
- KX ATEX Non-Sparking (Ex nA) SIL2 Approved Pressure Sensor - The Gefran KX pressure sensor is ATEX Ex nA non-sparking approved for use in zone 2 hazardous areas with flammable gas or dust atmospheres, and is SIL 2 approved for additional safety. The KX is available in ranges from -1 to 1 bar up to 1000 bar.
- TK Industrial Pressure Transmitter - General purpose industrial pressure transmitter with a 4-20mA current loop or amplified voltage output available in range from -1 to +1 barg up to 500 barg
- TKDA Digital Auto-Zero Pressure Transmitter - Contactless magnetic coupling zero tare & span adjustment pressure transmitter with 4-20mA current loop or amplified voltage output signal in pressure ranges from -1 to +1 bar up to 500 bar gauge.
- TPF Flush Diaphragm Strain Gauge Pressure Sensor - Flush diaphragm piezo-resistive pressure sensor for food processing and plastic injection moulding applications with a millivolt output signal in pressure ranges from 10 up to 1000 barg.
- TPFADA Flush Diaphragm Pressure Transmitter - Flush diaphragm pressure transmitter for high viscosity media in food processing and plastic injection moulding applications.
- TPFAS Miniature Flush Diaphragm Pressure Sensor - The TPFAS pressure sensor has a small size flush diaphragm which allows the use of a smaller size G1/4 (1/4 BSP) or M10 x 1 male thread for fitting where there is limited room or access to the process measurement point.
- TPH Strain Gauge Ultra High Pressure Sensor - Very high range pressure sensor with a millivolt output signal for pressure ranges from 1000 up to 5000 bar gauge.
- TPHADA Ultra High Range Pressure Sensor - Extra high pressure transmitter with 4-20mA current loop or amplified voltage output signal in pressure ranges from 1000 up to 5000 bar gauge.
- TPS Strain Gauge Pressure Sensor - Strain gauge pressure sensor with a millivolt output direct from a four arm wheatstone bridge strain gauge circuit in pressure ranges from 10 up to 1000 bar gauge.
- TPSA Precision High Pressure Transducer - High pressure transducer for pressure testing applications with pressure ranges from 0...4 bar (60 psi) up to 0...1000 bar (15,000 psi) gauge with a measurement accuracy of 0.1%.
- TPSADA Digital Auto-Zero High Pressure Sensor - Contactless zero tare & span adjustment high pressure transmitter with 4-20mA current loop or amplified voltage output signal in pressure ranges from 50 bar up to 1000 bar gauge.
- TSA Precision Pressure Transmitter - Precision pressure transmitter available with 4-20mA current loop or amplified voltage output signal in ranges from 50mb up to 60 bar gauge and from 500mb up to 40 bar absolute.
Product Selection Guide
A pressure transducer is an electronic device that converts a physical variable (pressure) into an electrical signal (current or voltage) that can be read or acquired by various control, measurement, and adjustment devices.
Gefran, with its own Technological Pole, is one of the few international companies with the know-how to create sensitive elements based on the following technologies: Thick film on stainless steel, Bonded strain gauge, Piezoresistive silicon.
Gefran sensors can measure the pressure of fluids and gases in all industrial applications, with a complete line for ranges from 0…50 mbar to 0…5000bar for both relative and absolute pressures.
Thick Film On Stainless Steel
The Wheatstone bridge is made with the screen printing process, which deposits the insulating layer (dielectric), the conducting layer (Cermet) and the resistive layer on the steel diaphragm.
The thickness of the diaphragm determines the measurement range, and the increase from 200°C to 900°C makes the sensor extremely sturdy and reliable.
To further ensure quality, the diaphragm is connected to the electronics by means of Wire Bonding.
Bonded Foil Gauge
Bonded strain-gauge technology is very often used to produce pressure sensors due to its applicative versatility, reliability, and accuracy.
The measurement element (resistance) consists of an extremely thin foil of metal alloy, chemically etched using a specific process.
The resistance and diaphragm are bonded with sophisticated techniques after precise positioning of the strain-gauge (extensometer) to ensure perfect adhesion to the surface and to guarantee linearity and repeatability.
Piezoresistive silicon technology is characterised by complex an delicate installation of the chip (solid state Wheatstone bridge) on the metal support and by a separating metal diaphragm with interposition (under vacuum) of insulating silicone oil (filling).
The measurement range of Gefran sensors can be very low (0-50 mbar), with high precision and overpressure capacity.
Gefran offers a wide range of transducers to measure pressure in all industrial applications. The range includes models for special applications and for high precision, as well as for use in very harsh and demanding environments as typical on mobile machines.
Highly Viscous Liquids & Pastes
The TPF / TPFADA series is an advanced technical solution with a very sturdy steel flush measurement diaphragm. This makes it unique and especially suitable for measuring the pressure of very dense and harsh fluids and pastes.
Miniature Flush Diaphragm
Add to this the new series TPFAS that introduces the miniaturized diaphragms down to Ø 8.6 mm, which are the smallest of this kind on the market.
Very High Pressures
SIL2 Functional Safety Certification
The new KS Series is the best solution for all hydraulic and pneumatic applications that demand a pressure transducer with competitive price as well as high performance and reliability.
KS series is supplied with SIL2 certification according to IEC/EN 62061 in compliance with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC2006/42/CE.
With SIL2 approval is also available the new KH series for mobile hydraulics applications.
ATEX Instrinsic Safety
Gefran’s range of pressure sensors includes ATEX pressure transmitters, ideal for applications in potentially explosive atmospheres.
ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU refers to electrical and mechanical devices and to protection systems that can be used in potentially explosive atmospheres (gases, vapours, and flammable powders), including under extreme conditions.
The KX series is certified II1G Ex ia IIC T4, T5 and T6 and covers measurement ranges from ± 1 bar to 0…1000barg in temperatures from -40°C to +80°C. To ensure maximum safety and reliability, the KX series, as well as Atex, is also certified SIL2 (Functional Safety), then applicable in safety equipment that can be installed in potentially explosive atmospheres.
Magnetic autozero function
What are the modes that you can use for adjusting the zero/span of sensors which come with the magnetic autozero function?
There are 4 types of calibration mode to choose from, which are all explained in detail in the associated sensor manual. For example a 4-20mA output device would have the following modes:
- Autozero function – allows calibration of 4mA to zero pressure only within accuracy of sensor.
- Fine-Autozero function – allows precise calibration of 4mA to zero pressure only to steps of 12 micro-amps.
- Calibration function – provides 80%FS calibration shunt without pressure applied to setup connected instrumentation.
- Autospan – allows calibration of 20mA output when full scale pressure is applied.
C02W and C02WLS cable assembly difference
Whats the difference between the C02W and C02WLS cable assemblies?
C02W – The shield is not connected with the connector housing and it is intended for non amplified mV/V output type devices, which do not have a screen to case wiring connection.
C02WLS the shield is connected to the connector housing and it’s intended for amplified voltage or current output signal devices, which have a screen to case wiring connection.