Flush diaphragm pressure transmitter for high viscosity media in food processing and plastic injection moulding applications.
The TPFADA is available with a 4-20mA current loop or amplified voltage output signal and pressure ranges from 10 up to 1000 barg.
The TPFADA has an exposed stainless steel 17-4 PH diaphragm which has been developed for use with highly viscous fluids up to +85 ºC
The TPFADA is used by the rubber & food industry in applications such as homogenization & packaging machines.
The TPFADA is also the like-for-like replacement product for the TPFA flush diaphragm pressure sensor which is no longer manufactured.
- Pressure Ranges: from 10 up to 1000 bar gauge are available
- Accuracy: 0.3% FS for ranges from 60 up to 1000 bar, 0.6% FS for ranges from 10 up to 50 bar
- Output Signals: Amplified voltage or 4 to 20 mA current
- Electrical Connections: 6 pin military bayonet, DIN plug & Binder 7 pin with IP65, 66 or 67 protection ratings
- Pressure Connections: M18 x 1.5, 3/4-16 UNF, G1/2 male with flush diaphragm
- Special Features: R-Cal shunt calibration signal, auto zero & span calibration setting via magnetic pen
Measuring the pressure of high viscosity fluids that congeal at low temperatures is likely to lead to problems with pressure sensors that have recessed diaphragms.
In applications such as measuring the pressure of paper pulp, adhesives or plastic moulding material, a standard pressure connection is likely to clog especially when the process is switched off and the temperature drops or the media dries out. When the process is switched back on the pressure sensor may take some time to start measuring the true pressure if at all due to a slug of solidified process media preventing the pressure being transmitted to the diaphragm. A flush diaphragm makes it possible to measure the pressure of high viscosity process media without the risk of media becoming trapped.
The TPFADA flush diaphragm pressure sensor have screw-in style pressure fittings so that they can be installed in locations where space is limited or there is small diameter pipe work. There is a choice of threads that can be specified M18 x 1.5, 3/4-16 UNF and G1/2 male. Both pressure sensors have polished 17-4ph stainless steel wetted parts and the exposed diaphragms are completely flat with no convolutions or crevices.
The TPFADA flush pressure sensor can measure the pressure of most corrosive fluids from 150 psi up to 15,000 psi gauge.
The pressure sensing technology employed is bonded foil strain gauge, which is highly robust and reliable for high duty cycle applications.
The TPFADA flush pressure sensor has a 4-20mA signal for use in process control systems in paper mills or adhesive & sealant manufacturing and a selection of amplified voltage output such as 0-5V, 0-10V and 1-5V for use in plastic extrusion and moulding machines.
Measure the pressure of Polyurethane (PU) sealant.
- SKU ID: s1-tpfada-0001
- Part No: TPFADA-E-M-Z-B05D-M-V
- Pressure Range: 0-50
- Units: bar
- Range Type: Gauge (atm to +P)
- Output Signal: 4-20mA
- Electrical Connection: M12 x 1 connector
- Optional Mating Connectors: Not required
- Process Connection: G1/2 with flush diaphragm
Specification data sheet
Request Product Price
Please select the options you require for the TPFADA Flush Diaphragm Pressure Transmitter in your application and request a quote.