The Gefran KX pressure sensor is ATEX approved for use with intrinsic safety barriers in hazardous areas, and is SIL 2 approved for additional safety. The KX is available in ranges from -1 to 1 bar up to 1000 bar.
- Pressure Ranges: from 1 bar up to 1000 bar gauge
- Accuracy: 0.15% FS BSL typical
- Output Signal: 4 to 20 mA current output only
- Electrical Connections: Plug and cable options with IP65, 66 & 67 protection rating
- Pressure Connections: G1/4, G1/4, 1/4 NPT, or 1/2 NPT male
- Special Feature: ATEX approved intrinsic safety II 1G EEx ia IIC T4, T5 or T6
KX pressure transmitters have proven thick film on stainless steel technology, with totally welded metal structure without internal seals, in order to be suitable with any kind of fluid.
Also the housing is stainless steel made, with IP65 to IP67 degree of environment protection.
This transmitter is suitable for all those applications which require robustness, safety as well as high accuracy.
The KX series can be used in applications characterized by the presence of explosive atmosphere. For this reason the probes are designed and manufactured according to the ATEX 2014/34/EU Directive.
The KX is also available as a non sparking Ex nA approved version.
Propane gas supply line
Use this sensor to measure the pressure of a propane gas supply line.
- SKU ID: s1-kx-91-29256
- Part No: KX-E-3-F-B04U-T-V-4-2130X000X30
- Pressure Range: 0 to 4
- Units: bar
- Range Type: Positive Gauge (atm to +P)
- Output Signal: 4-20mA ATEX Intrinsic Safety, SIL2
- Electrical Connection: Integral shielded cable (3 metre long)
- Process Connection: G1/2 male (DIN 3852-E)
- Temperature Class: T4 (-40…+80 degC)
Current output for -1 to +1 bar range
What is the output at 4mA and 20mA for the -1 bar to 1 bar range?
The output signal will be -1 bar = 4 mA and +1 bar = 20 mA.
Ink pressure measurement
Can this sensor be used for measuring a liquid like Ink?
Ink is quite a broad category of chemicals, so we can only advise the materials in contact with the media so the user can assess whether it will be compatible with a particular Ink type.
The KX has full welded 17-4PH and AISI 430F Stainless Steel without any internal seals, however there is a captive Viton seal around the thread to seal the process connection, but this can easily be replaced by the customer with a different type of material if necessary.
Zone 1 use
Is this pressure sensor suitable for use in a zone 1 area with a barrier?
The ATEX certification marking is II 1G Ex ia IIC T4, therefore it is suitable for ATEX zone 0 and below, and must be used with a suitable intrinsically safe barrier and installed to ATEX approved standards by certified electricians or electrical contractors.
Specification data sheet
Request Product Price
Please select the options you require for the KX ATEX Intrinsically Safe SIL2 Approved Pressure Sensor in your application and request a quote.