There is a loose convention across manufacturers for designating the type of reference that a pressure sensing device has, which can be confusing if you are unfamiliar with specifying this often overlooked but critical specification parameter.
To help identify the reference of a particular pressure range found on a product label or technical data sheet a list of abbreviated suffixes is provided below.
Vented Gauge Reference Pressure Range
Measuring pressure with reference to atmospheric pressure, also referred to as Relative and Vented Gauge:
- Recordable indicator and sensor up to 30000 psi for pressure test rig
- 50 psi g freshwater pressure transducer with 10 Vdc output signal
- Vacuum gauge to measure both absolute & negative gauge pressure
- +/- 30 inches of water compound range pressure transmitter
Request info on vented gauge reference related products for your application.
Sealed Gauge Reference Pressure Range
Not vented to atmospheric pressure, but instead the reference is fixed to 1 bar.
- UPS-HSR USB Pressure Sensor with High Sample Rate Logging
- 15000 psi combined pressure gauge and logger with USB interface
- Water system peak demand pressure and flow data logger
- 250 bar pressure transducer with 20 millivolt full scale output
Request info on sealed gauge reference related products for your application.
Absolute Reference Pressure Range
Referenced to absolute zero pressure or a perfect vacuum
- Baroli 05P High Range Flush Diaphragm Digital Pressure Gauge
- 500 psi absolute range HART enabled 4-20mA output diesel pressure sensor for pipeline leak testing use
- 300 mmHg absolute vacuum pressure transducer with 10 volts output
- 33X High Accuracy Digital Output Pressure Sensor
Request info on absolute reference related products for your application.
Differential Pressure Range
The difference in pressure at point B compared to the pressure at point A.
- 10 mbar range differential pressure calibrator
- Compound +/-2.5 mbar DP transmitter, indicator & alarm switch
- Ethylene glycol antifreeze compatible 300 pascal dp sensor
- Wet / Wet Differential Pressure Sensors
Request info on differential pressure related products for your application.
On product marking labels or any document that includes a description of the pressure range, the reference type is included after the pressure unit type e.g. 15 psi abs or 15 psia.