There is a loose convention across manufacturers for designating the type of reference that a pressure sensing device has, which can be confusing if you are unfamiliar with specifying this often overlooked but critical specification parameter.
To help identify the reference of a particular pressure range found on a product label or technical data sheet a list of abbreviated suffixes is provided below.
Vented Gauge Reference Pressure Range
Measuring pressure with reference to atmospheric pressure, also referred to as Relative and Vented Gauge:
- KL1 Cable Junction Box for Submersible Level Transmitters
- Vacuum gauge to measure both absolute & negative gauge pressure
- Recordable indicator and sensor up to 30000 psi for pressure test rig
- 50 psi g freshwater pressure transducer with 10 Vdc output signal
Request info on vented gauge reference related products for your application.
Sealed Gauge Reference Pressure Range
Not vented to atmospheric pressure, but instead the reference is fixed to 1 bar.
- PC logging USB interface 200 bar range portable freshwater pressure gauge
- Event triggered high sampling rate pressure logger
- Submersible sensor for measuring sludge pressure in pipe
- 700 bar pressure gauge with fast update rate peak memory
Request info on sealed gauge reference related products for your application.
Absolute Reference Pressure Range
Referenced to absolute zero pressure or a perfect vacuum
- Barometric 550 to 1150 hPa abs high resolution pressure transmitter
- Absolute Pressure Transmitters
- LEO Record (Ei) Pressure Data Logger
- 40 bar absolute 0-20mA output air pressure sensor for pneumatic monitoring
Request info on absolute reference related products for your application.
Differential Pressure Range
The difference in pressure at point B compared to the pressure at point A.
- 0.1 inH2O differential range 0-10Vdc output between rooms air pressure sensor
- 3 bar differential pressure sensor for sea water
- 200 bar gradient pressure sensor with RS232 for use on oil
- -200 to 200 Pa bi-directional range 4-20mA output dp pressure transmitter for venturi tube
Request info on differential pressure related products for your application.
On product marking labels or any document that includes a description of the pressure range, the reference type is included after the pressure unit type e.g. 15 psi abs or 15 psia.