There is a loose convention across manufacturers for designating the type of reference that a pressure sensing device has, which can be confusing if you are unfamiliar with specifying this often overlooked but critical specification parameter.
To help identify the reference of a particular pressure range found on a product label or technical data sheet a list of abbreviated suffixes is provided below.
Vented Gauge Reference Pressure Range
Measuring pressure with reference to atmospheric pressure, also referred to as Relative and Vented Gauge:
- Recordable indicator and sensor up to 30000 psi for pressure test rig
- KL1 Cable Junction Box for Submersible Level Transmitters
- 50 psi g freshwater pressure transducer with 10 Vdc output signal
- Vacuum gauge to measure both absolute & negative gauge pressure
Request info on vented gauge reference related products for your application.
Sealed Gauge Reference Pressure Range
Not vented to atmospheric pressure, but instead the reference is fixed to 1 bar.
- Event triggered high sampling rate pressure logger
- OEM water depth sensor for integrating inside a Sonde
- PC logging USB interface 200 bar range portable freshwater pressure gauge
- 15000 psi combined pressure gauge and logger with USB interface
Request info on sealed gauge reference related products for your application.
Absolute Reference Pressure Range
Referenced to absolute zero pressure or a perfect vacuum
- RF transmission line 20 psi absolute 0-4.5Vdc output air pressure sensor
- 25 Ed Flame Proof Flush Diaphragm Pressure Transmitter
- 100psia range 0-10Vdc output signal air pressure sensor for manufacturing use
- 500 kPa absolute intrinsically safe pressure transmitter
Request info on absolute reference related products for your application.
Differential Pressure Range
The difference in pressure at point B compared to the pressure at point A.
- Compressor inlet air filter pressure difference sensor
- PrimAtü 10 Low Cost Low Range Differential Air Pressure Transducer
- 1 psi delta air pressure sensor with 0 to 10 volt output
- 70 bar range dp transmitter with a 450 bar overpressure rating in both directions
Request info on differential pressure related products for your application.
On product marking labels or any document that includes a description of the pressure range, the reference type is included after the pressure unit type e.g. 15 psi abs or 15 psia.