There is a loose convention across manufacturers for designating the type of reference that a pressure sensing device has, which can be confusing if you are unfamiliar with specifying this often overlooked but critical specification parameter.
To help identify the reference of a particular pressure range found on a product label or technical data sheet a list of abbreviated suffixes is provided below.
Vented Gauge Reference Pressure Range
Measuring pressure with reference to atmospheric pressure, also referred to as Relative and Vented Gauge:
- KL1 Cable Junction Box for Submersible Level Transmitters
- Recordable indicator and sensor up to 30000 psi for pressure test rig
- Vacuum gauge to measure both absolute & negative gauge pressure
- 50 psi g freshwater pressure transducer with 10 Vdc output signal
Request info on vented gauge reference related products for your application.
Sealed Gauge Reference Pressure Range
Not vented to atmospheric pressure, but instead the reference is fixed to 1 bar.
- UPS-HSR USB Pressure Sensor with High Sample Rate Logging
- Water system peak demand pressure and flow data logger
- OEM water depth sensor for integrating inside a Sonde
- 700 bar pressure gauge with fast update rate peak memory
Request info on sealed gauge reference related products for your application.
Absolute Reference Pressure Range
Referenced to absolute zero pressure or a perfect vacuum
- Baroli 05 Industrial Digital Pressure Gauge
- 100 mbar abs vacuum transmitter with a 5 bar overpressure
- Gas sensors testing barometric pressure sensor with RS485 Modbus RTU interface
- 50 kPa absolute vacuum air pressure gauge with 1/4 NPT male fitting
Request info on absolute reference related products for your application.
Differential Pressure Range
The difference in pressure at point B compared to the pressure at point A.
- Climate room over/under pressure, temperature & RH monitor & controller
- Low Differential Pressure Transmitters
- 1 inH2O differential intrinsically safe 4-20mA out air pressure sensor for HVAC use
- 0.06 inWG positive air pressure transmitter for HVAC blower fan control
Request info on differential pressure related products for your application.
On product marking labels or any document that includes a description of the pressure range, the reference type is included after the pressure unit type e.g. 15 psi abs or 15 psia.