Digital communications protocol interface sensors protected from sustained immersion in liquid to prevent damage to internal sensor components, for measuring liquid level and converting it to a reading which can be transmitted using a digital communication link to other instrumentation.
- DCL 531 Modbus RTU RS 485 Submersible Stainless Steel Liquid Level Sensor - Digital submersible stainless steel liquid level sensor with a Modbus RTU protocol RS 485 serial bus interface.
- SLS-D SDI-12 Digital Interface Submersible Level Sensor - This submersible level sensor has SDI-12 digital communications which provides the level and temperature readings as a serial output using the SDI-12 version 1.4 protocol.
- 36XW Digital Submersible Hydrostatic Level Sensor - The 36 X W is a high accuracy sensor with analogue 4-20mA / 0-10Vdc or digital RS485 output for submersing into a liquid to measure depth.
- DCL 571 RS485 Modbus RTU Submersible 22mm dia Groundwater & Wastewater Level Probe - 22mm diameter digital interface submersible liquid level probe with RS 485 Modbus RTU protocol serial bus communications for installing in 1" diameter tubes to measure groundwater level and measuring wastewater with nose cone removed.
- DCL 551 RS485 Modbus RTU Submersible Low Range Fuel, Oil & Wastewater Level Probe - Low range digital interface submersible liquid level probe with RS 485 Modbus RTU protocol serial bus communications for measuring level of fuel, oil and wastewater in low fill height open tanks.
- Stilling well 3ft range SDI-12 interface lake water level sensor
- Irrigation water channel and storage dam 10m range SDI-12 submersible level sensor
- 40m RS485 Modbus RTU submersible borehole pump drawdown depth sensor
- Roadside creeks & streams flood SDI-12 coms water level sensor
- Modbus RTU RS485 submersible borehole water level sensor
- Low power consumption SDI-12 lake water level sensor
- 10 metre submersible water depth and temperature transducer with USB digital connection
- Evaporation pan SDI-12 environmental data interface water level sensor
- SDI-12 interface, 2 bar absolute, submersible water level sensor
- SDI-12 near shore tide gauge submersible 20m level probe
A digital interface provides a way to gather readings from multiple sensors with less wiring and more measurement data without any signal losses due to cable interference or poor calibration settings.
Each digital sensor can be configured with a unique address so that multiple sensors can be connected to the same communication link, and polled individually as part of a network to retrieve measurement data.
Digital communications can provide a lot more information about the measurement than a straightforward analogue output signal. In addition to the reading, the associated measurement units for the reading, the exact reading taken time, environmental temperature, serial number and last calibration date can also be sent if the sensor firmware includes those parameters.
There is no need to calibrate a digital sensor when connecting it to other instrumentation, since there are no signal settings necessary between the two devices. Also since a digital readings is either received in full or not at all, the reading cannot be modified after transmission due to RFI or other interference that affects analogue signal output sensors.
Submersible sensors are made from materials that are selected to prevent corrosion over long periods of continuous immersion. Where dissimilar materials need to be joined together, double or triple elastomer ‘O’ rings are utilised to provide a high integrity liquid tight seal to a rated depth. Signal cables are joined to the top of the sensor housing using either a moulded or compression gland with internal ‘O’ ring seals or a special submersible connector to allow removal or replacement.
A liquid level sensor is an instrument for measuring the height of a liquid and converting it to a digital reading, which is then transferred using a specific communications protocol to other instrumentation with compatible digital communication interfaces.