Low range digital interface submersible liquid level probe with RS 485 Modbus RTU protocol serial bus communications for measuring level of fuel, oil and wastewater in low fill height open tanks.
- Pressure Ranges: 0 to 1…200 mH2O or 0.1…20 bar gauge
- Output Signals: Modbus RTU RS485
- Accuracy: 0.35% or 0.25% FS
- Electrical Connections: IP68 submersible cable gland and PUR cable
- Process Connections: Flush diaphragm with removable nose cone
- Media Compatibility: Stainless steel 316L sensor housing, ceramic diaphragm, PUR cable coating and FKM seals
- Dimensions: 39.5 mm diameter
This digital interface submersible hydrostatic level sensor has a very low range capability which is ideal with measuring level in very shallow open tanks containing waste fluid, fuel or oil.
The nose cone can be removed to reveal a flush ceramic diaphragm that provides measurement sensitivity to level ranges as low as 0 to 0.4 mH2O (~1.3 ftH2O), and adequate protection from wastewater solids and petroleum fuel & lubricant products.
The measured level reading is transmitted via the RS485 serial communication interface using Modbus RTU protocol, which can be configured to send the reading in any of the following liquid level or pressure units: mmH2O, mmHg, PSI, bar, mbar, g/cm2, kg/cm2, Pa, kPa, torr, atm, mH2O or MPa.
The RS 485 serial bus interface provides a relatively high powered digital signal which is robust enough to be used over long distances with cables lengths to facilitate long cable runs from remote tanks.