20 metre range level probe with an SDI-12 protocol serial digital interface for submerging near to the shore to monitor tidal changes.
SDI-12 is a standardised serial digital interface for connecting sensors to data recorders. SDI-12 was developed to minimise battery usage, and allow the many intelligent sensor to be connected on one cable.
A Tide Gauge is used to monitor the change in seal level above and below a datum reference point. The S12C SDI-12 interface submersible level probe measures the hydrostatic pressure of sea-water above the probe, and converts it into an equivalent level reading in metres. This version of the S12C is made from materials designed to be immersed in seawater for long periods.
S12C SDI-12 Submersible Level Probe
- Pressure Range: 0 to 20
- Units: mH2O
- Range Type: Gauge / Vented (atm to +P)
- Output Signal: SDI12 communications protocol interface
- Housing Material: Marine Bronze (seawater)
- Diaphragm Material: Ceramic Alumina Al2O3
- Media Exposed Seals: Viton
- Cable Type: PUR
- Cable Length: 20
- Cable Length Units: Metres (m)
- Process Connection: G1/4 male DIN3852 with removable nose cone
- Optional Extras: USB converter & logging software