Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings
Invert the low & high range limits for the measurement output settings
Flip tool with current settings to swap 0-5V input (I) with measurement output parameters
- 200cm range 0-5Vdc output submersible road flood stream depth and PT1000 sensor
- -1 to +2 bar g compound pressure transducer with 5Vdc output
- -10…+10V to -5…+5V Bidirectional Signal Conversion
- 7.5 psig range 0-5V output submersible silicon diaphragm liquid level sensor
This voltage signal to measurement conversion tool will convert an electrical signal within the range of 0 to 5 volts to the ideal reading of any linear measurement type and create an incremental volts conversion scale for each measurement range entered.
This tool uses the following formula to calculate the measurement reading from a voltage signal input over a 0-5V range:
Measurement Rdg = (High Limit – Low Limit) x V out / 5 + Low Limit
Voltage Input Signal (0-5V) Reading
Add the analogue input signal reading in volts (V) that you want to convert between 0 and 5 V.
Enter the measurement unit associated with the output values.
Add the minimum possible value for the measurement range of your instrument. For example zero would be a typical value for most instrumentation but you can also add negative (-) or positive (+) values as well. A value in any engineering units can be used as long as it relates to a linear measurement, and the same unit is used for the Highest value.
Add the maximum possible value for the measurement range of your instrument, e.g. full scale or full range. This value can be negative (-) or positive (+). Any engineering units can be used as long as it relates to a linear measurement, but the same unit must be used for the Lowest value.
Measurement Reading – Answer
This is the ideal converted measurement for your instrument and therefore represents a perfect reading excluding the measurement uncertainty error of your instrument. The answer value is displayed in the same engineering unit that you entered for the Lowest and Highest range points.
- 3 MPa absolute range 0-5Vdc output nitrogen gas pressure sensor for aerospace testing use
- 15 psig range 0-5V output stainless steel pressure sensor
- TPSA Precision High Pressure Transducer
- 5 kPa g range 0-5 Vdc output fuel oil pressure sensor for liquid level measuring use