HART pressure transmitters for configuration via a distributed control system (DCS) or HART communicator.
HART pressure transmitters are compatible with the Highway Addressable Remote Transducer (HART) communication protocol which is the most popular standard used with smart field devices by the process control industry.
HART functionality enables the transfer of pressure transmitter data via an AC digital signal which uses the 4-20mA analogue output signal as a carrier, thus eliminating the need for extra wires and connectors.
- DPT200 Pressurised Tank Level Differential Pressure Transmitter - Pressurised tank liquid level differential pressure cell transmitter for process plant storage.
- XMD Process Plant DP Cell Differential Pressure Transmitter - Rangeable DP Cell current loop process transmitter for monitoring differential pressures in a heavy duty process plant environment.
- DPT200 High One Side Overload Differential Pressure Sensor - DP transmitter for measuring pressure difference between two pressure points which can tolerate up a very high overload pressure independently on either the positive or negative side port or both together at the same time.
- XMPi Process Plant Gauge and Absolute Pressure Transmitter - Process transmitter for measuring vacuum, steam, food, pharmaceutical, oil, gas and other pressure readings necessary for the monitoring and control of bulk production processes.
- x|act i Rangeable Flush Pressure Transmitter with LCD Readout - Rangeable Pressure Transmitter with a hygienic all stainless steel construction with LCD digital readout display and optional HART communications.
- Bulk powders silo fluidisation blower aeration ATEX approved HART pressure transmitter
- 500 psi absolute range HART enabled 4-20mA output diesel pressure sensor for pipeline leak testing use
- 100 kg per square cm range HART pressure transmitter
- Compound vacuum and pressure HART transmitter for +/- 500 mmWG
- -760mmHg to +20 kg/cm² pressure transmitter with HART coms
Device information retrieval
What type of information can you retrieve from a pressure transmitter using HART communications?
All types of HART enabled pressure transmitters are required to include the following device information, which are retrieved using Universal Commands:
- Manufacturer name
- Product type
- Pressure value and units (Primary Variable)
- Output signal and % of scale
- Message (32 characters)
- Pressure range (Lower Range Value – LRV & Upper Range Value – URV)
- Pressure range limits (Lower Sensor Limit LSL & Upper Sensor Limit USL)
- Pressure unit
- Damping time constant
- Final assembly number
In addition to the above Universal Commands a manufacturer may also include further device information such as:
- Tag number
- Device ID
- Temperature value and units (Secondary variable)
- Software version number
User device configuration
What can you configure on a pressure transmitter using the HART coms protocol?
There are some basic operations that are essential for a user to configure in the field such as the following which are usually available via most HART communication terminals:
- Re-range LRV & URV
- Change the damping time constant value
- Set Tag number
- Change pressure units
Checklist for HART pressure transmitter requirements
Define your HART pressure transmitter requirements using this checklist:
- Pressure range?
- Output signal? 4-20mA with HART coms
- Electrical connection?
- Process connection?
- Process media type?
- Hazardous area?