Process transmitter for measuring vacuum, steam, food, pharmaceutical, oil, gas and other pressure readings necessary for the monitoring and control of bulk production processes.
- Pressure Ranges: from 0-400mbar up to 0-600bar gauge or absolute, including 10:1 turndown ratio and compound ranges
- Accuracy: 0.1% full scale (IEC 60770)
- Output Signal: 4-20mA with HART coms, 2 wire loop
- Electrical Connections: Terminal clamps with M20 x 1.5 cable gland
- Pressure Connection: G1/2, 1/2 NPT amd flush G1/2, G1, flange and DRD
- Special Features: HART communications compatible, 10 to 1 range turn-down, ATEX approved intrinsic safety or flame proof
- Special Options: Integrated local readout display, high temperature media, food grade and Oxygen service oil filled diaphragms
- Media Compatibility: Stainless steel 316L pressure port and SS316L, Hastelloy or Tantal diaphragm with FKM or FFKM seals, stainless steel housing
- Dimensions: 139 x 83 x 136 mm (Aluminium housing)
- Weight: min 0.4kg
The XMPi process pressure transmitter is designed for use in a harsh process industry environment and includes all the extra mechanical protection required for a long service life.
The hygienic flush diaphragm version of the XMP i pressure transmitter can be used in food or pharmaceutical processes such as canned food, breakfast cereal, sugar, dairy, confectionary, soft drinks, medicines, beer and spirits production. For high temperatures it is possible to fit a cooling element which protects the electronics from damage from media up to a temperature of 300degC.
Suitable for deploying in many locations and feeding pressure readings back to the site distributed control system (DCS).
The XMPi includes a HART protocol interface, 10:1 adjustable range scaling and ATEX intrinsic safety as standard, with options for flameproof, 300degC media temperature and integrated local digital indicator.
Available in pressure ranges from 0-400mbar up to 0-600 bar gauge or absolute, and compound ranges from -0.4 to +0.4 bar up to -1 to 10 bar gauge.
To check, rescale or recalibrate the XMP-i, the process transmitter settings can be accessed via a standard HART communicator connected across the 2 wire 4-20mA loop wire connections.
For extra protection in more aggressive or cleaner environments the aluminium die cast housing can be substituted with a Stainless steel 316L housing.
Hazardous area use without barrier
I require a 30 psi abs pressure transmitter/transducer with a 1/2 NPT process fitting, that I can use, that is approved for use in a hazardous area, however I do not want to have to use a barrier with it?
The XMPi has been flameproof (Ex d) approved and certified to II 2G Ex d IIC T5 Gb, so you can use it as part of a flameproof installation which does not use barriers.
- SKU ID: s1-xmpi-0001
- Part No: 512-2001-AN-G-1-AK0-N00-1-1-1-000
- Upper Pressure Range Limit: 2 bar absolute
- Factory Set Pressure Range: 30 psi
- Output Signal: 4 to 20 mA, 2 wire with HART communications
- Accuracy: 0.1% full scale
- ATEX Type & Housing Material: ATEX Flameproof with Aluminium electronic housing
- Process Connection: 1/2 NPT male
- Oil Fill Type & Media Temperature: Silicone oil fill, 125C max with FKM seal
- Diaphragm Material: Stainless steel 316L
- Process Connection Material: Stainless steel 316L
Mounting orientation effect
Is it possible to install the XMPi process pressure transmitter on a vertical stack with one of the flange style fittings? If so is it possible to change the orientation of the display when the transmitter is mounted vertically?
Yes, the XMPi can be installed in any orientation, the only effect you might notice is that there is a slight zero offset due to the changing weight of the internal oil fill pressing on the diaphragm, this is known as the “g” effect. The display can be rotated to the required position by removing the metal cap and rotating the display and operating module by hand to the required position.
Is it possible to manually adjust the zero and span calibration settings of the XMPi process pressure transmitter without having to connect a HART communication device?
This intelligent pressure transmitter is fully configurable via the push buttons immediately below the LCD display, but only if the integrated digital indicator option is fitted.
Specification data sheet
Request Product Price
Please select the options you require for the XMPi Process Plant Gauge and Absolute Pressure Transmitter in your application and request a quote.