Find another flow measurement calculator by clicking on the required answer which coincides with the input parameters you already know.
|vol flow||mass flow||flow speed||vol||mass||time|
|area||flow speed||vol flow|
|dia||flow speed||vol flow|
|w x h||flow speed||vol flow|
|time||vol||mass||vol flow||mass flow|
|density||mass flow||vol flow||mass||vol|
|flow speed||area, dia|
- Calculate flow velocity from a given volume flow rate and area
- Determine volume flow from area and speed of flow
- Calculate cross-sectional area of circular pipe or duct
- Calculate cross-sectional area of rectangular shaped duct
- Area units converter
- Convert volume and time to flow rate
- Volumetric flow rate units converter
- Volumetric units converter
This tool will calculate the cross-sectional area that a substance is flowing through from the rate of volume flow and the speed of the flow. A range of conversion values for flow and area will also be displayed for each set of input parameters entered.
The formula used by this calculator to calculate the cross-sectional flow area is:
A = Q / v
- A = Cross-sectional area
- Q = Volumetric flow rate
- v = Flow velocity
n.b. This formula assumes uniform flow conditions within the entire cross-sectional area, without any friction losses near to surfaces.
Volumetric Flow Rate Required
Enter the quantity of volume which will flow through per unit of time.
Flow Velocity Measured
Enter the speed that the substance is moving through the flow area.
Cross-Sectional Area Calculation
This is the cross-sectional area that would be needed for a substance moving at the specified speed and rate of volumetric flow.