Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings, or click flip tool to reverse the tool function with current settings
Switch tool with the current settings for diameter, and calculate circle circumference, circle radius, sphere volume or sphere surface area instead
- Calculate diameter of circle from area
- Circle diameter to circumference calculator
- Circle diameter to radius calculator
- Convert an area to different units
- Length and distance converter
- Sphere diameter to volume calculator
- Sphere diameter to surface area calculator
This tool will calculate the area of a circle from the diameter, and will convert different measurement units for diameter and area.
The formula used to calculate circle area is:
A = π · (ø/2)2
A = ¼ · π · (ø/2)2
- A = Circle area
- π = Pi = 3.14159…
- ø = Circle diameter
Diameter of Circle
Enter the diameter of a circle. The diameter of a circle is the length of a straight line drawn between two points on a circle where the line also passes through the centre of a circle, or any two points on the circle as long as they are exactly 180 degrees apart.
Area of Circle
This is the area contained within a circle with the specified diameter.