Click buttons below to generate web url address for bookmarking and sharing current settings, or to quickly swap over selected units
- Length x Width to Area calculation
- Length x Width x Height to Volume calculation
- Convert amounts per unit length
- Convert length and amount per unit length into total amount
- Combined feet & inches length to single unit length converter
This metric, imperial and si unit length measuring converter and conversion scale can be used to convert any measurement of length from one unit of length to another.
The following units and associated conversion factors in metres (SI units for length) are used by this length converter:
- nanometre (nm) – 0.000000001 m
- micrometre (µm) – 0.000001 m
- thousandth of an inch (thou) – 0.0000254 m
- millimetre (mm) – 0.001 m
- centimetre (cm) – 0.01 m
- inch (in) – 0.0254 m
- foot (ft) – 0.3048 m
- yard (yd) – 0.9144 m
- metre (m) – 1 m
- kilometre (km) – 1,000 m
- mile (mi) – 1,609.344 m
- nautical mile (nmi) – 1,852 m
- astronomical unit (AU) – 149,597,870,700 m
- light year (ly) – 9,460,730,472,580,800 m
- parsec (pc) – 30,856,775,814,671,900 m
How precise is the conversion?
The converted answer is displayed to a precision of 9 significant figures
What does an answer that looks like 2.67e+16 mean?
These are standard form numbers, which are used when there too many zeros either size of the decimal point, therefore a length that is displayed as 2.67e+16 is short for 2,670,000,000,000,000,000 or 6.898e-8 is short for 0.00000006898.
Convert cable length to nautical miles
What is cable length? One cable is equal to how many nautical miles?
1 cable length (international) = 1/10 nautical mile (international)
It is an obsolete unit of length, this glossary of nautical measures explains a little of the history of the cable length.