- Convert an area to different units
- Length and distance converter
- Volume measurement units conversion
- Calculate volume capacity from length, width and height
This tool will calculate the area of a rectangle from the dimensions of length and width. No conversion needed, since length, width and area units can be selected independently, so this calculator also functions as a unit converter.
Once the measurements have been entered for length and width, the calculated area will be shown in the answer box. Also a graphic of the Area shape and dimensions will be drawn which will refresh each time the entered inputs are changed.
The formula used by this calculator to calculate the area of a rectangular shape is:
A = L x W
- A= Area
- L = Length
- W = Width
Area Dimensions – Length & Width
Enter the measurements of length and width for the rectangle that you be calculating area.
The following conversion factors in metres (m) are used for converting length and width into different units:
- nanometre (nm) – 0.000000001 m
- micrometre (µm) – 0.000001 m
- millimetre (mm) – 0.001 m
- centimetre (cm) – 0.01 m
- inch (in) – 0.0254 m
- foot (ft) – 0.3048 m
- yard (yd) – 0.9144 m
- metre (m) – 1 m
- kilometre (km) – 1,000 m
- mile (mi) – 1,609.344 m
- nautical mile (nmi) – 1,852 m
This is the calculated area of the rectangle which this tool determines by multiplying together the length and width measurements.
The following conversion factors in square metres (m²) are used to convert the calculated area into different units:
- square nanometre (sq nm) – 1 x 10-18 m²
- square micrometre (sq µm) – 1 x 10-12 m²
- square millimetre (sq mm) – 0.000001 m²
- square centimetre (sq cm) – 0.0001 m²
- square inch (sq in) – 0.0004516 m²
- square foot (sq ft) – 0.09290304 m²
- square yard (sq yd) – 0.83612736 m²
- square metre (sq m) – 1 m²
- acre (ac) – 4046.8564224 m²
- hectare (ha) – 10000 m²
- square kilometre (sq km) – 1,000,000 m²
- square mile (sq mi) – 2589988.110336 m²
- square nautical mile (sq nmi) – 3429904 m²
Use this length x breadth calculator to determine the area in the following applications
- Floor area from room dimensions in mixed measurement units
- Seed or fertilizer area coverage for a field or garden from distance between corners
- Paint, wallpaper or tile area coverage from wall, ceiling or floor, width & height dimensions
- The number of items produced from a length & width of textile, cloth or fabric.
- The area of a plot of land or the footprint of a building.