- Convert an area to different units
- Length and distance converter
- Volume measurement units conversion
- Calculate area from length and width
- Universal delivery service volumetric weight calculator
This online tool calculates the volume of a rectangular box from the dimensions of length, width and height. There is no need to input values all in the same measurement units, just select your preferred units for each dimension and calculated volume.
Once the measurements have been entered for length, width and height, the calculated volume will be shown in the answer box. Also a graphic of the Volume shape and dimensions will be drawn which will update each time the entered values are altered.
The formula used by this calculator to calculate the volume of a rectangular shaped box is:
V = L x W x H
- V= Volume
- L = Length
- W = Width
- H = Height
Volume Dimensions – Length, Width & Height
Enter the measurement of length, width and height for the rectangular box.
The following SI unit conversion factors in metres (m) are used for converting the measurement units specified for length, width and height:
- nanometre (nm) – 0.000000001 m
- micrometre (µm) – 0.000001 m
- millimetre (mm) – 0.001 m
- centimetre (cm) – 0.01 m
- inch (in) – 0.0254 m
- foot (ft) – 0.3048 m
- yard (yd) – 0.9144 m
- metre (m) – 1 m
- kilometre (km) – 1,000 m
- mile (mi) – 1,609.344 m
- nautical mile (nmi) – 1,852 m
This is the volume of the rectangular shaped box which corresponds to the dimensions entered for length, width and height. The volume is calculated by multiplying together each dimension and then converting it into the selected volumetric units.
The following conversion factors in cubic metres (m³) are used to convert the calculated volume into different volumetric units:
- cubic nanometre (cu nm) – 1 x 10-27 m³
- cubic micrometre (cu µm) – 1 x 10-18 m³
- cubic millimetre (cu mm) – 1 x 10-9 m³
- cubic centimetre (cu cm) – 1 x 10-6 m³
- millilitre (mL) – 1 x 10-6 m³
- cubic inch (cu in) – 1.6387064 x 10-5 m³
- fluid ounce (fl oz, imperial) – 2.84130625 x 10-5 m³
- fluid ounce (fl oz, US) – 2.95735295625 x 10-5 m³
- pint (pt, US liquid) – 4.73176473 x 10-4 m³
- pint (pt, imperial) – 5.6826125 x 10-4 m³
- litre (L) – 1 x 10-3 m³
- gallon (gal, US liquid) – 3.785411784 x 10-3 m³
- gallon (gal, imperial) – 4.54609 x 10-3 m³
- cubic foot (cu ft) – 0.028316846592 m³
- cubic yard (cu yd) – 0.764554857984 m³
- cubic metre (cu m) – 1 m³
- cubic kilometre (cu km) – 1 x 10+9 m³
- cubic mile (cu mi) – 4168181825.440579584 m³
- cubic nautical mile (cu nmi) – 6352182208 m³
Use this length x width x height calculator to determine the volume in the following applications
- Determine the volume of gravel required to fill a path, car park or driveway.
- Determine the capacity of a rectangular storage tank
25 x 10 x 12 inch tank in US gallons
How many US gallons will a 10 inchs wide 12 inchs high and 25 inchs long tank hold?
Assuming internal dimensions or no wall thickness, the volume of the tank is 12.987013 US Gallons.