Click to reload page with unique web address for bookmarking or sharing current settings
- Calculate Length, Width or Height of a Box
- Convert an area to different units
- Length and distance converter
- Volume measurement units conversion
- Calculate area from length and width
- Cylinder volume calculator
- Universal delivery service volumetric weight calculator
This online tool calculates the volume of a rectangular box from the dimensions of length, width and height. There is no need to input values all in the same measurement units, just select your preferred units for each dimension and calculated volume.
Once the measurements have been entered for length, width and height, the calculated volume will be shown in the answer box. Also a graphic of the Volume shape and dimensions will be drawn which will update each time the entered values are altered.
The formula used by this calculator to calculate the volume of a rectangular shaped box is:
V = L · W · H
- V = Volume
- L = Length
- W = Width
- H = Height
Volume Dimensions – Length, Width & Height
Enter the measurement of length, width and height for the rectangular box.
The following SI unit conversion factors in metres (m) are used for converting the measurement units specified for length, width and height:
- nanometre (nm) – 0.000000001 m
- micrometre (µm) – 0.000001 m
- millimetre (mm) – 0.001 m
- centimetre (cm) – 0.01 m
- inch (in) – 0.0254 m
- foot (ft) – 0.3048 m
- yard (yd) – 0.9144 m
- metre (m) – 1 m
- kilometre (km) – 1,000 m
- mile (mi) – 1,609.344 m
- nautical mile (nmi) – 1,852 m
This is the volume of the rectangular shaped box which corresponds to the dimensions entered for length, width and height. The volume is calculated by multiplying together each dimension and then converting it into the selected volumetric units.
The following conversion factors in cubic metres (m³) are used to convert the calculated volume into different volumetric units:
- cubic nanometre (cu nm) – 1 x 10-27 m³
- cubic micrometre (cu µm) – 1 x 10-18 m³
- cubic millimetre (cu mm) – 1 x 10-9 m³
- cubic centimetre (cu cm) – 1 x 10-6 m³
- millilitre (mL) – 1 x 10-6 m³
- cubic inch (cu in) – 1.6387064 x 10-5 m³
- fluid ounce (fl oz, imperial) – 2.84130625 x 10-5 m³
- fluid ounce (fl oz, US) – 2.95735295625 x 10-5 m³
- pint (pt, US liquid) – 4.73176473 x 10-4 m³
- pint (pt, imperial) – 5.6826125 x 10-4 m³
- litre (L) – 1 x 10-3 m³
- gallon (gal, US liquid) – 3.785411784 x 10-3 m³
- gallon (gal, imperial) – 4.54609 x 10-3 m³
- cubic foot (cu ft) – 0.028316846592 m³
- barrel (bbl, oil) – 0.158987294928 m³
- cubic yard (cu yd) – 0.764554857984 m³
- cubic metre (cu m) – 1 m³
- cubic kilometre (cu km) – 1 x 10+9 m³
- cubic mile (cu mi) – 4168181825.440579584 m³
- cubic nautical mile (cu nmi) – 6352182208 m³
Use this length x width x height calculator to determine the volume in the following applications:
- Volume of package to be dispatched to add to shipping paperwork
- Gravel volume required to fill a path, car park or driveway.
- Rectangular storage tank capacity.
- Car, truck or van load space volume capacity.
- Car load volume to move storage.
- Maximum volume capacity a water tank will hold.
- How much fuel is required to fill a tank.
- Size of bund required to contain leaks and spillages from IBC containers.
- Number of bags required for each material for a building project.
- Quantity of soil required to fill a planter box.
- Amount of water required to fill a fish tank/aquarium.
- Fill capacity for a pond.
- Warehouse room storage capacity from dimensions.
- IBC volume capacity.
- Swimming pool fill volume.
- Luggage space possible inside a suitcase.
- Cement mix required to fill foundations/footings.
- Pickup truck bed volume capacity.
- Audio speaker enclosure volume.
- Trough capacity for feeding animals.
- Garden shed, Sunhouse or Greenhouse cement pad volume.
25 x 10 x 12 inch tank in US gallons
How many US gallons will a 10 inchs wide 12 inchs high and 25 inchs long tank hold?
Assuming internal dimensions or no wall thickness, the volume of the tank is 12.987013 US Gallons.