- L x W x H to Volume calculator using mixed units
- Volume measurement units conversion
- Weight (Mass) converter
- Length and distance converter
This Volumetric Weight Calculator will accept the dimensions of the package you are sending in any units and convert them into a volumetric weight using the specific measurement unit and conversion factor defined by each courier.
If the volumetric weight is greater than the actual weight of your package, the courier will usually this instead to calculate your shipping cost.
The typical dimensional weight conversions specified by courier companies are as follows:
- Divide the package volume in cubic centimetres (cu cm, cm³) by 5000 to determine volumetric weight in kilogrammes (kg).
- Divide the package volume in cubic inches (cu in, in³) by 139 to determine the volumetric weight in pounds (lb).
- Multiply the package dimensions in cubic metres (cu m, m³) by 200 to determine the volumetric weight in kilogrammes (kg).
Different volumetric conversion factors maybe applied depending on the courier company and the type of service used:
Dimensions of Package
Select your measuring units and enter the length, width and height of the box to be shipped. The actual volume will be displayed at the bottom of this section in the equivalent volumetric unit to the one used for measuring the dimensions.
Unit of Length (courier specified)
Select the dimensional unit the courier company specifies to use when converting the volume to weight.
Volume Conversion (courier specified)
This is the volume of the box in the courier’s preferred units for calculating volumetric weight. This value is calculated for you from the dimensions you entered in the previous section and the chosen courier unit.
Arithmetic (courier specified)
Select whether the volume of the shipment package is to be divided or multiplyed by the dimensional weight conversion factor provided by the shipping company.
Conversion Factor (courier specified)
Enter the conversion factor supplied by the courier to convert a package volume to a volumetric weight.
Volumetric Weight Calculation
This is the volumetric weight of the package in the courier’s preferred units of weight which should be used to calculate the cost of shipping using the shippers pricing tables.