Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings, or click flip tool to reverse the tool function with current settings
Switch tool with the current settings for diameter, and calculate circle circumference, circle radius, sphere volume or sphere surface area instead
- Calculate area of circle from diameter
- Circle circumference to diameter calculator
- Circle radius to diameter calculator
- Convert an area to different units
- Length and distance converter
- Sphere volume to diameter calculator
- Sphere surface area to diameter calculator
This tool will calculate the diameter of a circle from the area, and will convert different measurement units for area and diameter.
The formula used to calculate the circle diameter is:
ø = 2 x √(A / π)
- ø = Circle diameter
- A = Circle area
- π = Pi = 3.14159…
Area of Circle
Enter the area contained within a circle.
Diameter of Circle
This is the diameter of a circle that corresponds to the specified area. The diameter of a circle is the length of a straight line drawn between two points on a circle where the line also passes through the centre of a circle, or any two points on the circle as long as they are exactly 180 degrees apart.