Find another flow measurement calculator by clicking on the required answer which coincides with the input parameters you already know.
|vol flow||mass flow||flow speed||vol||mass||time|
|area||flow speed||vol flow|
|dia||flow speed||vol flow|
|w x h||flow speed||vol flow|
|time||vol||mass||vol flow||mass flow|
|density||mass flow||vol flow||mass||vol|
|flow speed||area, dia|
- Calculate flow area from volume flow and flow speed
- Calculate flow velocity from a given volume flow rate and area
- Calculate cross-sectional area of circular pipe or duct
- Calculate cross-sectional area of rectangular shaped duct
- Area units converter
- Convert volume and time to flow rate
- Volumetric flow rate units converter
- Volumetric units converter
This tool will calculate the volumetric flow rate in any units from the specified velocity of a substance flowing through a defined cross-sectional area. For each new calculation a unique conversion scale will be generated for the range of flow velocities and volumetric flow rates with the cross sectional area specified.
The volumetric flow rate formula used by this calculator is:
Q = v · A
- Q = Volume flow rate
- v = Flow velocity
- A = Cross-sectional area
n.b. This formula assumes uniform flow conditions within the entire cross-sectional area, without any friction losses near to surfaces.
Flow Velocity Measured
Enter the speed at which the substance is moving.
Enter the size of the area perpendicular to the direction of flow.
Volumetric Flow Rate Calculation
This is the amount of volume that will flow pass per unit of time.