- Calculate flow area from volume flow and flow speed
- Determine volume flow from area and speed of flow
- Calculate cross-sectional area of circular pipe or duct
- Calculate cross-sectional area of rectangular shaped duct
- Area units converter
- Convert volume and time to flow rate
- Volumetric flow rate units converter
- Volumetric units converter
This tool will calculate the speed of the flow in any units from the specified volumetric flow rate for a substance passing through a known cross-sectional area. For each calculated flow speed a conversion scale will be displayed with a range of values for flow versus speed for the same cross sectional area.
The formula used by this calculator to calculate the flow velocity is:
v = Q / A
- v = Flow velocity
- Q = Volumetric flow rate
- A = Cross-sectional area
Volumetric Flow Rate Measured
Enter the required amount of volume needed to flow pass per unit of time.
Enter the cross-sectional area perpendicular to the direction of flow of the substance through a pipe, duct or channel at the point of measurement.
Flow Velocity Calculation
This is the speed of flow that will be produced by the specified volumetric flow rate and cross-sectional area