Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings
Flip tool with current settings and calculate piston cylinder pressure or bore diameter instead
- Piston cylinder force & diameter to pressure calculator
- Piston cylinder force & pressure to diameter calculator
- Force & area to pressure calculator
- Pressure & area to force calculator
- Force & pressure to area calculator
- Convert force to different units
- Convert pressure to different units
- Calculate circle area from diameter
- Calculate circle diameter from area
This tool will calculate the force generated by a piston cylinder for a specified pneumatic/hydraulic pressure and piston-cylinder bore diameter.
The formula used by this calculator to determine the piston cylinder force from pressure and diameter is:
r = ø / 2
A = π · r2 = π · (ø / 2)2
A = π · ø2 / 4
F = P · A
F = P · π · ø2 / 4
- F = Force
- P = Pressure
- π = Pi = 3.14159…
- r = Circle radius
- ø = Circle diameter
- A = Circle area
Applied Cylinder Pressure
Enter the reading in any units for the applied pneumatic or hydraulic pressure.
Piston / Cylinder Bore Diameter
Enter the diameter of the cylinder bore or the piston, and for better precision use the average of the two if possible.
Generated Piston Force
This is the force generated by the piston for the specified bore diameter and applied cylinder pressure, and can be displayed in a choice of different force measurement units.
- Hydraulic cylinder
- Pneumatic cylinder
- Hydraulic press