- Piston cylinder force & diameter to pressure calculator
- Force & area to pressure calculator
- Pressure & area to force calculator
- Convert force to different units
- Convert pressure to different units
- Calculate circle area from diameter
- Calculate circle diameter from area
This tool will calculate the force generated by a piston cylinder for a specified pneumatic/hydraulic pressure and piston-cylinder bore diameter.
The formula used by this calculator to determine the piston cylinder force from pressure and diameter is:
r = Ø/2
A = π·r2 = π·(Ø/2)2
F = P·A
F = P·π·(Ø/2)2
- F = Force
- P = Pressure
- π = Pi = 3.14159…
- r = Circle radius
- Ø = Circle diameter
- A = Circle area
Enter the reading in any units for the applied pneumatic or hydraulic pressure.
Piston / Cylinder Bore Diameter
Enter the diameter of the cylinder bore or the piston, and for better precision use the average of the two if possible.
This is the force generated by a piston/cylinder of a specified diameter and applied pressure, and can be displayed in a choice of different force measurement units.
- Hydraulic cylinder
- Pneumatic cylinder
- Hydraulic press