We need a sensor to measure water levels inside an industrial dishwasher. The water is warm (max 60C), contaminated and may contain detergents, so stainless steel would be best.
The water level we need to measure moves from 0-0.5 meter, so for example a sealed pressure transmitter with a pressure range of 0-10 kPa would be suitable. Accuracy is not critical, we just need something that is cost-efficient and can withstand the environment. The power supply available is 24VDC, and the output signal should be voltage, preferably 0-10V.
We would suggest the 18.605G which is a compact and economically proceed submersible hydrostatic pressure sensor, which can be submerged in or mounted externally to the industrial dishwashers integrated water tank.
The sensor materials which will be in contact with the water if submerged are stainless steel, PVC coated cable and FKM seals. For external mounting only stainless steel and FKM seals will be in contact with the water.
The electronics will operate from a power supply between 14…30Vdc, and output a 0…10Vdc measurement signal over the 0 to 1 metre of water level range (~10 kPa). The PVC cable and sensor are rated to a temperature of 70°C / 158°F and will be suitable for use with warm water.
18.605 G Economic Industrial Water Level Sensor
- Part Number: 18.605G-1000-M-3-8-1-006-300-1-000
- Measuring Range: 1 mH2O, 3.28 ftH2O
- Reference Type: Gauge / Vented (atm to +P)
- Output Signal: 0-10Vdc, 3 wire
- Accuracy: 1% FSO
- Electrical Connection: IP68 submersible cable
- Cable Type: PVC (70degC max)
- Cable Length: 6 metres (19.69 feet)
- Housing Material: Stainless Steel 304
- Diaphragm Material: Stainless Steel 316L
- Media Exposed Seals: FKM
- Mechanical Connection: G1/4 male