|Select Answer Mode|
|Vcyl = Vsph|
|Set Units Shortcut|
Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings
- Box and Cylinder dimensions calculator
- Box and Sphere dimensions calculator
- Box 1 and Box 2 dimensions calculator
- Cylinder 1 and Cylinder 2 dimensions calculator
- Cylinder volume calculator
- Sphere volume calculator
This tool will calculate the measurement of a selected dimension for one of the shapes, which is necessary to ensure a cylindrical and spherical shaped object have the same volume.
Experiment with different dimensions of each shape whilst maintaining an equal volume for both.
The formulas used by this cylinder and sphere dimensions with same volume calculator, to determine each individual parameter, are as follows:
Same Volume Mode (Vcyl = Vsph)
Lcyl = 2 · øsph3 / (3 · øcyl2)
øcyl = √(2 · øsph3 / (3 · Lcyl))
øsph = ∛(3 · Lcyl · øcyl2/ 2)
Lcyl = 4 · V / π · øcyl2
øcyl = 2 · √(V / (Lcyl · π))
V = Lcyl · π · øcyl2/ 4
øsph = ∛(6 · V / π)
V = π · øsph3 / 6
- Lcyl = Length of cylinder
- øcyl = Diameter of cylinder
- øsph = Diameter of sphere
- V = Volume of cylinder or sphere
- π = Pi = 3.14159…
Length of Cylinder
This is the length of the cylindrical shaped object.
Diameter of Cylinder
This is the diameter of the cylindrical shaped object.
Diameter of Sphere
This is the diameter of the spherical object.
This is the volume of the cylindrical or spherical shaped object.