Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings
Change the answer mode for this tool by selecting start temperature (T0), end temperature (T1), temperature coefficient of resistance (αR), start resistance (R0) or end resistance (R1) as the parameter to calculate instead
- 32…122°F Temperature Range Sensor with 4-20mA Current Output Signal Transmitter
- TS100 Compact Temperature Transmitter and PT100 Probe
- Sea water temperature probe and display for depth to 100 metres
- 0…35°C Temperature Range Sensor with 4-20mA Current Output Signal Transmitter
Request info on temperature sensor products for your application.
- Linear thermal expansion calculations
- Area thermal expansion calculations
- Volumetric thermal expansion calculations
- Isotropic length, area & volume thermal expansion calculations
- Temperature units conversion
- Temperature difference units conversion
- Thermal coefficient units conversion
This tool will calculate any parameter from the formula for determining how much electrical resistance changes with temperature, which includes the start temperature, end temperature, temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR), start resistance and end resistance.
The formulas used by this temperature, TCR and resistance change calculator to determine each individual parameter are as follows:
T0 = T1 – (R1 / R0 – 1) / αR
T1 = T0 + (R1 / R0 – 1) / αR
αR = (R1 / R0 – 1) / (T1 – T0)
R0 = R1 / (1 + αR · (T1 – T0))
R1 = R0 · (1 + αR · (T1 – T0))
- T0 = Start temperature
- T1 = End temperature
- αR = Temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR)
- R0 = Start resistance
- R1 = End resistance
Start Temperature (T0)
This is the temperature of the object before the temperature is increased.
End Temperature (T1)
This is the temperature of the object after the temperature has been increased
Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR, αR)
This is a fixed value which is used to determine how much a change in temperature will affect the electrical resistance of a particular material. The coefficient defines the fractional change in resistance of a material per unit change in its temperature.
Start Resistance (R0)
This is the electrical resistance of the material when it is at the start temperature T0 .
End Resistance (R1)
This is the electrical resistance of the material following a change temperature from T0 to T1 .
- 10 barg dual pressure & temperature pressure logging gauge
- 10 metre / 32.8 feet deep fresh water level and temperature digital sensor
- Ex logger for recording pressure up to 300 bar & temperature up to 40degC
- RS485 submersible wastewater level and temperature sensor for 3 metre depth
Request info on temperature measurement products for your application.