Questions and answers about temperature measurement
20,000 psi rated temperature probe
I’m looking for temperature sensors to measure a minimum range of 0 – 150 degrees C. The probe must be able to withstand 20,000 psi and would be ideal if the probe could be 1,000 mm long.
We would suggest the PPL13 with following configuration for your application:
PPL13-T Mineral Insulated Thermocouple with Lead
- SKU ID: s1-ppl13-0001
- Part No: PPL13-R-K-1-S-310-60-1000-A-2000-A-XXX
- Sensor Type: Type K mineral insulated thermocouple, insulated hot junction
- Sheath Material: 310 stainless steel sheath 6mm diameter x 1 metre long. Plain pot seal
- Lead Type & Length: 2 metres PVC/PVC flat pair lead terminated in tails
- Temperature Range: Suitable for use to 1100°C
- Custom Requirements: Suitable for pressure of 20,000 psi
Pt100 & Pt1000 temperature sensor difference
What is the difference between a PT100 and a PT1000 temperature sensor?
PT100 has a resistance of 100Ω at 0°C and PT1000 has a resistance of 1000Ω. Both types have the same characteristics over the temperature range, but PT1000 is 10x more sensitive, and therefore errors contributed by connecting wires are reduced by 10x.
- 32…122°F Temperature Range Sensor with 4-20mA Current Output Signal Transmitter
- SF6 Temperature Corrected Pressure Gauge (0-11 bar absolute)
Request info on temperature measurement products for your application.