Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings
Change the answer mode for this tool by selecting heat transferred (Q), total mass (m), temperature change (ΔT) or specific heat capacity (cm) as the parameter to calculate instead
- LMK457 Marine Approved Level Transmitter
- Marine aquaculture submersible seawater level & temperature transmitter
- LMK382 Low Range IP68 Waste Water Level Transmitter
- 0…35°C Temperature Range Sensor with 4-20mA Current Output Signal Transmitter
Request info on temperature sensor products for your application.
- Specific heat capacity units conversion
- Heat units conversion
- Mass units conversion
- Temperature difference units conversion
This tool will calculate any parameter from the formula for the specific heat capacity of a substance, which includes the amount of heat transferred from or to it, its total mass, the change in temperature, and its specific heat capacity.
The formulas used by this specific heat capacity calculator to determine each individual parameter are:
Q = m · cm · ΔT
m = Q / (cm · ΔT)
ΔT = Q / (m · cm)
cm = Q / (m · ΔT)
- Q = Heat energy transferred
- m = Total mass
- ΔT = Temperature difference
- cm = Specific heat capacity
Pressure Loss (ΔP)
This is the total heat or thermal energy transferred to or from a substance.
Total Mass (m)
This is the total mass of the substance.
Temperature Change (ΔT)
This is the total change in temperature of the substance caused by the transfer of heat.
Specific Heat Capacity (cm)
Specific heat capacity (c, cp, cs, cm) is a measure of how much heat energy is required to be transferred to or from a solid, liquid or gas, in order to cause one unit of its mass, to change by one unit of temperature.
- 10 metre / 32.8 feet deep fresh water level and temperature digital sensor
- 10 barg dual pressure & temperature pressure logging gauge
- 200cm range 0-5Vdc output submersible road flood stream depth and PT1000 sensor
- Ex logger for recording pressure up to 300 bar & temperature up to 40degC
Request info on temperature measurement products for your application.