Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings
Flip tool with current settings and calculate heat (Q) or temperature change (ΔT) instead
Add a further step in your calculation workflow by sending the heat capacity determined above to one of the calculators below
- Precision -200 to +670°C Platinum Resistance Thermometer – AM1660
- Aquaculture submersible freshwater level & temperature transmitter
- 14…140°F Temperature Range Sensor with 4-20mA Current Output Signal Transmitter
- 0…100°C Temperature Range Sensor with 4-20mA Current Output Signal Transmitter
- Heat capacity & delta temperature to transferred thermal energy
- Heat transferred & heat capacity to temperature change
- Specific heat capacity & total mass to heat capacity
- Heat capacity & total mass to specific heat capacity
- Volumetric heat capacity & total volume to heat capacity
- Heat capacity & total volume to volumetric heat capacity
- Molar heat capacity & amount of substance to heat capacity
- Heat capacity & amount of substance to molar heat capacity
Use this calculator to determine the heat capacity of a substance C=Q/ΔT in joules per kelvin (J/K), joules per degree Celsius (J/°C), kilojoules per kelvin (kJ/K), kilojoules per degree Celsius (kJ/°C), british thermal units per degree Fahrenheit (Btu ISO/°F), british thermal units per degree Rankine (Btu ISO/°R), calories per degree Celsius (cal/°C) or kilocalories per degree Celsius (kcal/°C) units, from the total heat or thermal energy transferred and the resulting change in temperature.
The formula used by this calculator to determine the heat capacity from the heat transferred and change in temperature is:
C = Q / ΔT
- C = Heat capacity
- Q = Heat transferred
- ΔT = Temperature change
Heat Transferred (Q)
This is the total heat or thermal energy transferred.
Temperature Change (ΔT)
This is the total change in temperature caused by the transfer of heat.
Heat Capacity (C)
This is the amount of thermal energy required to raise a substance or material by one unit of temperature.
- Four cleanroom zones monitoring system to measure overpressure, temperature & humidity
- Climate room over/under pressure, temperature & RH monitor & controller
- 32…212°F Temperature Range Sensor with 4-20mA Current Output Signal Transmitter
- SF6 Temperature Corrected Pressure Gauge (0-11 bar absolute)