Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings
Flip tool with current settings and calculate specific heat capacity (cm) instead
Add a further step in your calculation workflow by sending the heat capacity determined above to one of the calculators below
- Heat capacity & total mass to specific heat capacity
- Volumetric heat capacity & total volume to heat capacity
- Heat capacity & total volume to volumetric heat capacity
- Molar heat capacity & amount of substance to heat capacity
- Heat capacity & amount of substance to molar heat capacity
- Heat transferred & temperature change to heat capacity
- Heat capacity & delta temperature to transferred thermal energy
- Heat transferred & heat capacity to temperature change
Use this calculator to determine the heat capacity of a substance C = cₘ·m in joules per kelvin (J/K), joules per degree Celsius (J/°C), kilojoules per kelvin (kJ/K), kilojoules per degree Celsius (kJ/°C), british thermal units per degree Fahrenheit (Btu ISO/°F), british thermal units per degree Rankine (Btu ISO/°R), calories per degree Celsius (cal/°C) or kilocalories per degree Celsius (kcal/°C) units, from its specific heat capacity and total mass.
The formula used by this calculator to determine the heat capacity from the specific heat capacity and total mass is:
C = cm · m
- C = Heat capacity
- cm = Specific heat capacity
- m = total mass
Specific Heat Capacity (cm)
This is the amount of heat required to raise a substance or material by one unit of mass and one unit of temperature.
Total Mass (m)
This is the total mass of the substance.
Heat Capacity (C)
This is the amount of thermal energy required to raise a substance or material by one unit of temperature.