- Underground rain water storage tank level sensor and readout for 2 metre depth
- 20 foot deep detention water tank level sensor with 4 to 20 mA output
- Agricultural water reservoir tank 10ft deep level transducer
- 2 metre deep diesel tank level sensor for submersion
- Horizontal cylinder tank contents calculator
- Vertical cylinder tank contents calculator
- Volume measurement units conversion
- Cylinder volume calculator
- Fluid depth, density, gravity and pressure calculator
This tool calculates the volume of liquid held in a rectangular shaped tank using the measured level of the fluid. Where possible use internal dimensions to remove errors due to the thickness of the tank walls. It is assumed that the tank is installed on level ground.
Tank Level & Dimensions
This calculator requires the following measurements to determine the amount of liquid in the tank.
Height of Liquid
Enter how high the liquid is from the bottom of the tank. If the outlet is not positioned close to the bottom of the tank then deduct the height difference in order to determine the usuable amount of fluid held in the tank.
Height of Tank
This the fixed measurement of the tank height. If the overflow and outlet are not positioned close to the top and bottom of the tank then subtract the height difference of each from the total tank height so that the usable capacity of the tank is factored into the percentage of fill calculation.
Length of Tank
Enter the length of the tank in your preferred measurement units. Ideally this should be the inside length, if the thickness of the tank wall is significant.
Width of Tank
Enter the width of the tank in your preferred measurement units. Ideally this should be the inside width, if the thickness of the tank wall is significant.
Contents of Tanks
The quantity of liquid held in the tank is calculated here. If you have entered the outside dimensions of the tank and not considered the thickness of the tank walls in your measurements, the answer will be higher than the correct amount.
Volume of Liquid in Tank
The calculated volume of liquid derived form the fluid height entered above will show here.
% Full Tank
This indicates the fill amount compared to the maximum capacity of the tank and is displayed as a percentage value.
- Floating dry dock ballast tank 14ft range 4-20mA output submersible seawater level sensor
- 2.5 metre water level transmitter for submersing inside underground tank
- 1.5 psig range 4-20mA output freshwater tank fluid level pressure sensor for farming use
- 3m range 4-20mA output submersible hot water tank level sensor