Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings
Change the answer mode for this tool by selecting gas pressure (P), gas volume (V), amount of substance of gas (n) or gas temperature (T) as the parameter to calculate instead
- DMP331i High Accuracy Pressure Transmitter
- Wind turbine USB PC logging pressure & temperature sensor
- 1.6 bar absolute range 4-20mA output ceramic diaphragm pressure sensor
- Vacuum digital gauge to measure 0 to 1000 mbar absolute
Request info on absolute pressure measurement products for your application.
- Boyle’s law calculator
- Charles’ law calculator
- Avogadro’s law calculator
- Gay-Lussac’s law calculator
- Combined gas law calculator
- Pressure units conversion
- Volume units conversion
- Temperature units conversion
This tool will calculate any parameter from the equation for the ideal gas law, which includes the pressure, volume, amount of substance and temperature of a quantity of gas.
The Ideal gas law is explained with math in the following way.
Using SI units for each parameter, the multiplying together of pressure and volume will equal the multiplying together of the amount of substance, the temperature and the ideal gas constant.
P · V = n · R · T
The formulas used by this ideal gas law calculator to determine each individual parameter are:
P = n · R · T / V
V = n · R · T / P
n = P · V / (R · T)
T = P · V / (n · R)
- P = Pressure of gas
- V = Volume of gas
- n = Amount of substance of gas
- R = Ideal gas constant (8.31446261815324 J⋅K-1⋅mol-1)
- T = Temperature of gas
This is the absolute pressure of the gas.
This is the total volume occupied by the gas.
Amount Of Substance (n)
This is the number of gas atoms or molecules that are included in the quantity of gas.
This is the temperature of the gas.
- 14…140°F Temperature Range Sensor with 4-20mA Current Output Signal Transmitter
- 32…95°F Temperature Range Sensor with 4-20mA Current Output Signal Transmitter
- 50m seawater depth and temperature sensor with SDI-12
- 4T48 Digital Panel Meter
Request info on temperature measurement products for your application.