Low pressure sensor with a USB, Bluetooth, RS232 or RS485 digital output interface for measuring low range gauge or differential pressures from 10 to 300 mbar, each with an accuracy of 0.2% full scale over a temperature of 10 to 50 DegC.
- Pressure Ranges: 30mbar(12inH2O), 100 mbar (40inH2O), 300 mbar (120inH2O) gauge or differential (wet/dry) plus compound ranges
- Static Line Pressure (DP ranges only): 3 bar g max. for 30 and 100 mbar diff, 5 bar g max. for 300 mbar diff
- Accuracy: 0.2 % FS BSL NLHR including temperature errors from 10 to 50 Deg C
- Output Signal: RS485 interface, Bluetooth, USB or RS232
- Power Supply: 8 to 28 Vdc for RS485, self powered via USB for single sensor, DC input jack provided for multiple sensors and RS232 connections.
- Electrical Connection: Binder 5 pin connector
- Pressure Connection: G1/4 male
- Media Compatibility: Positive Side – Stainless steel 316L pressure port, NBR/Viton O ring seals and gold coated ceramic diaphragm, Negative Side – Non-aggressive dry gases
- Special Features: Low range pressure measurement, high overpressure rating
- Special Options: USB, Bluetooth or RS232 BUS interface
The 41 X digital low pressure transducer incorporates a capacitive ceramic diaphragm specifically designed for measuring low pressures. The capacitance sensing technology also offers a high overpressure rating to protect the pressure sensor from pressure surges which are much higher risk at low pressures.
For interfacing with your own digital network the 41X digital low pressure sensor has inbuilt fully configurable and addressable RS485 communication electronics which can be linked together with a number of other digital sensors.
For installations requiring a total solution for connecting to a PC computer there is a USB, Bluetooth and RS232 data cable option which when used with the supplied software enables real time logging of the pressure and temperature readings plus the plotting of graphs and export of data files.
Connections for differential version
How does the differential version of the 41X digital pressure sensor measure differential pressure? Since it only appears to have one pressure port.
There is a small quick fit connection for the negative pressure on the side of the sensor body. A G1/4 male adaptor is supplied separately for the user to connect their own flexible tubing between the two if required.
mmHg pressure reading
Does the 41X digital low range pressure sensor give a reading in mmHg (millimeter Mercury)? The 41X product page mentions “mbar” and “in H2O” units but not mmHg.
Yes mmHg is one of the unit conversion options in the software that is provided with the 41X.
Pressure ranges of sensors tend to be specified in one common pressure unit, so you have to convert into another unit to work out whether they cover the range required in that unit.
Calibrating pressure sensing devices
I am creating a fixture to calibrate pressure sensing devices up to a maximum differential pressure of 100 mbar. I need to measure accurately the pressure inside the fixture to do this. I need accuracy of better than ±0.2 mbar for this application. I also want to be able to write the data to a spreadsheet and use LabView to tell a regulator when to shut off the air if the pressure transmitter reaches a specified value.
The 41X has an accuracy of better than 0.2% FS including temperature effects from 10 to 50 DegC, which on a 100 mbar range is equivalent to +/-0.2 mbar.
The software protocol is available for the RS485 serial interface so you can write a software driver to communicate with the Labview software to control the regulator, and to collect measurements and transfers them to a spreadsheet.
- SKU ID: s1-pd41x-0001
- Pressure Range: 100 mbar
- Reference: Differential
- Analogue Output Signal: 4-20mA (2 wire)
- Digital Interface: USB data to RS485 cable & software
- Electrical Connection: 5 pin Binder connector
- Process Connection: G1/4 male
- Media Compatibility: Air or non-corrosive gases, dry air on differential negative port
Specification data sheet
Request Product Price
Please select the options you require for the 41X Low Range Digital Output Pressure Sensor in your application and request a quote.