This 4-20mA transmitter data-logging kit can be connected to any 4-20mA output sensor and generate a record of measurements collected at set time intervals. The kit includes a battery powered data-logger, PC software, 24 dc volt power supply, terminal block connections, 5m length of connection cable and a plastic transit storage case.
- SKU ID: s1-log-kit-0001
- Sensor Input: 4-20mA, 2 wire, 1% accuracy, 0.05 mA resolution
- Logger Power Supply: Battery, ½ AA Lithium non-rechargeable
- Logger Memory: 32,510 readings max.
- Logging Interval: 1 second min., 12 hours max.
- Transmitter Supply: 24Vdc via 10-240VAC universal plug-in adapter power supply
- Electrical Connections: Screw terminal block
- Data Connection: USB serial port interface
- Connection Cable: 5 metre length of 6 core industrial cable
- Storage: Plastic carry case with foam insets
- Software: Windows PC compatible
This standalone data logger measures and stores up to 32,000 current loop readings over a 4-20mA measurement range. The user can easily set up the logging rate and start time, and download the stored data by plugging the data logger into a PC’s USB port and running the purpose designed software under Windows 2000,XP, Vista & 7. The data can then be graphed, printed and exported to other applications.
The data logger is supplied complete with a long-life lithium battery. Correct functioning of the unit is indicated by a flashing red and green LED. The data logger features a pair of screw terminals and is supplied complete with a set of measurement leads terminating in crocodile clips.
The software is included with each data logger. Easy to install and use, the control software runs under Windows 2000, XP, Vista & 7. The software is used to set-up the data logger as well as download, graph and export data to Excel.
The software allows the following parameters to be configured:
- Logger name
- Logging rate (1s, 10s, 1m, 5m, 30m, 1hr, 6hr, 12hr)
- High and low alarms
- Start date and start time
Transmitter Power Supply
The 24Vdc power supply is used to provide power to a 4-20mA transmitter if it is not already part of a powered current loop circuit.
The power supply comes with a assortment of AC input clips and will accept a voltage range of 100-240 VAC and frequencies from 47-63Hz for compatibility with the mains supply in different countries.
Pressure range scaling
If I use the 4-20mA logger with a pressure transmitter, can I set and change the pressure range on the graph?
The EasyLog software will allow you to set up any measurement unit and range associated with the 4-20mA input, and you can also enter your own custom unit.
Saving records in Excel
Can I save the record in Excel or as .csv file?
The EasyLog software that comes with the logger includes an automatic export button for Microsoft Excel. The data is stored as a .txt file which you can also import into other spreadsheet programs and convert to .csv file format.