The first step in selecting a pressure transmitter for liquid level measurement is to determine whether to submerge or mount the sensor externally.
Mounting a liquid level pressure transmitter externally is nearly always preferable because a screw in pressure transmitter is normally cheaper than one that is immersed and is easier to service.
If you are mounting a liquid level pressure transmitter externally, care should be taken not to install it onto pipes where there is likely to be a high flow of liquid or pump pressures since these may interfere with the hydrostatic pressure reading.
- LMK331 Screw-In Ceramic Level Transmitter
- 7mH2O g range 4-20mA out hydrostatic liquid level pressure sensor
- DPT200 Pressurised Tank Level Differential Pressure Transmitter
- 50cm range 4-20mA water level sensor for hot tub and spa service water tanks
Request info on screw-in liquid level pressure transmitter products for your application.
Waterproof pressure transmitters are used when it is not possible to provide access from the outside at the point you would like to measure the liquid level. For example there is no way to fit a pressure transmitter to the outside of a buried water storage tank without excavating the ground around it, so a waterproof pressure transmitter is the most economical solution.
Normally a manufacturer will clearly describe in the specification whether a pressure transmitter has an immersion option. In Europe there is a system for rating the level of water tightness which is the Ingress Protection Rating or more commonly known as the IP Rating. For immersion the pressure transmitter should be sealed to a rating of IP68. If it is not clearly marked in the literature you should clarify with the manufacturer for what depth and duration it can be submerged.
- LMK387 Cleanable Sewage and Sludge Pressure/Level Sensor
- 18.605 G Low Cost Submersible Diesel Fuel and Water Tank Level Sensor
- 200m deep well pump water level sensor, switch & display
- Underground rain water storage tank level sensor and readout for 2 metre depth
Request info on waterproof liquid level pressure transmitter products for your application.