Click save settings to reload page with unique web page address for bookmarking and sharing the current tool settings
Flip tool with current settings and calculate total distance or time
- Estimate travel time
- Travel distance calculator
- Convert speed into different units
- Convert distance into different units
- Convert time duration into different units
Calculate average speed of a moving object from the total distance travelled and the time taken from start to finish.
Once you have entered a distance and a time period the average speed will appear in the answer box and two conversion scale will also show a range of values for distance versus speed and time versus speed.
This tool calculates average speed using the following formula:
v = d / t
- v = Speed
- d = Distance
- t = Time
Enter the actual distance that is travelled by a moving object in any unit of distance measurement.
Enter the time taken to complete the distance travelled in any measurement unit of time.
This is the speed that a moving object would need to maintain without variation, in order to complete the distance travelled in the same period of time.
Examples of types of average speed calculations:
- Convert a journey distance in kilometres and the time taken in hours, to an average speed in mph.
- Determine the average speed of a runner in mph, from a track run distance in metres, and the stopwatch time in minutes or seconds.
- Calculate a training speed to complete a cycling route within a target period of time.