We are looking to measure the pressure in a pipe flow which should be in the range of 20 mbar above atmospheric. What type of sensor would you recommend? The gas flow is Argon so the sensor will need to be sealed so that no Argon gas escapes.
We would suggest the DMP343 which is a low range gas pressure sensor. The DMP343 will measure the difference in pressure between the Argon gas in the pipe and the outside air pressure. The sensor is sealed and the Argon pressure will be measured via a strain gauge diaphragm on one side of the diaphragm and the other side will be vented to atmospheric pressure.
DMP343 Low Range Gas Pressure Sensor
- Part No: 100-0200-1-5-100-100-1-000
- Pressure Range: 20
- Units: mbar
- Range Type: Positive Gauge (0 to +P)
- Output Signal: 4-20mA (2 wire)
- Electrical Connection: DIN43650A plug IP65
- Process Connection: G1/2 DIN3852 male
- Media Compatibility: Air and non-corrosive gases