High precision pressure transmitter for measuring very low vented gauge reference or differential air pressures. Each presssure range can be adjusted to scale the 4-20mA or 0-10 volt output signal from 10 to 100% of the base range. Designed for measuring pressures across air filters, ventilation fans and valves on HVAC and pneumatic systems.
- Pressure Ranges: from 10 mbar (4 inH2O) up to 300 mbar (120 inH2O) vented gauge or differential each with 10 to 1 digital turn down
- Static Line Pressure (DP ranges only): 3 bar g max. for 10 and 100 mbar diff, 5 bar g max. for 300 mbar diff
- Accuracy: 0.2% FS including temperature effects from 10 to 50 DegC
- Output Signal: 4 to 20mA, 2wire or 0 to 10 volts, 3 wire
- Electrical Connection: Binder 5 pole connector
- Pressure Connection: G1/4 male positive side, 6mm dia tube with G1/4 adaptor for negatives side connection
- Media Compatibility: Positive side – stainless steeel 316L pressure port, NBR/Viton O rings and gold coated ceramic diahragm. Negative side – dry non-corrosive gases
- Special Features: high overpressure
- Special Options: Digital ranging, ATEX IS certification II 1/2 G EEx ia IIC T4 for vented gauge reference ranges only
The 41-X high precision low range pressure transmitter utilises a capacitive ceramic sensing diaphragm which is specially developed for measuring low gas pressures with a high accuracy. Another benefit of the capacitive ceramic sensing technology is the high overpressure rating of 10 times for the 10 and 100 mbar and 5 times for the 300 mbar pressure ranges.
The analogue output signal can be adjusted by the user via the optional computer interface cable and configuration software. The 41 X high precision low pressure sensor uses a 16 bit resolution microprocessor to provide a high precision and dynamically responsive pressure reading.
Wet-Wet for 0 to 100 millibar range
Is the 41X low range pressure sensor meant for wet applications (liquid input)? If not do you have any alternate differential sensor which has the capability to measure from wet-wet inputs with a range of 0 – 100 mBar?
The sensor is intended for use with air, so liquids are not recommended, the materials exposed to the media are as follows:
- Positive side – stainless steel 316L pressure port, NBR/Viton O rings and gold coated ceramic diaphragm.
- Negative side – dry non-corrosive gases (differential only).
As an alternative we would suggest the DMD331 which is a wet/wet differential pressure sensor which can be used with liquids on both process connections and can be specified with 0 to 100 mbar differential pressure range.
What is the effective measuring rate of the analogue output for the 41X capacitive pressure transducer? My experience of variable capacitance is that it has a much slower response time (~200 msec) than that of strain gauge type technology.
The 41X has a capacitance converter circuit and the bandwidth is limited to 250Hz (4ms response time). Then follows the analogue to digital (AD) circuit, and the default setting for the low pass filter is set to 62.5Hz (16ms). It is possible to change this or switch it off altogether via the CCS30 software. If the low pass filter is switched off the output will have a response of 250 Hz. However at very low pressures the measurement can start to oscillate, so it maybe necessary to switch the low pass filtering back on and increment it, to achieve a stable signal.
100ms response digital & analogue signal
We are carrying out a pressure cycle test and need to measure a low differential air pressure with a response time of 100 milliseconds, we will need a 4-20mA signal and a USB interface, would the 41X be a suitable device?
Assuming the differential pressure is below 300 mbar you could use the PD41X which can have both an analogue 4 to 20mA and a digital output via a USB interface.
The response time of the 4-20mA output can be set to anywhere between 0.01 (100 msec) and 400 Hz (2.5 msec).
For the USB connection, the fastest possible rate is 30 msec (pressure only) or 60 msec (pressure and temperature) with a 9600 baud rate using the supplied PC software.
Bi-directional 10 kPa differential air pressure
We need to measure and record the differential air pressure across a membrane, the inlet side pressure varies from 0 to 20 kPa g and the outlet side pressure is fixed at 10 kPa g. In other words the differential pressure we need to measure will be -10 kPa to 10 kPa (-1.5 to +1.5 psig) across the membrane. Is the 41X a bi-directional pressure transmitter and does it have a 4 to 20 mA output and a USB interface for connection to a computer?
Yes, the PD41X low differential pressure sensor has both a USB (via RS485) and a 4-20mA output. The standard 100mbar differential range can also be adjusted to a bi-directional scaling of -10kPA to +10kPa.
Specification data sheet
Request Product Price
Please select the options you require for the 41X High Precision Low Range Pressure Transmitter in your application and request a quote.