We make hand held products that have to be water proof tested to two atmospheres. Currently we hook up a fitting on a tube inside a tank and pressurize the tank with air close to 30 psi. The tube exits a port to a pneumatic pressure gauge. We would like to change this set-up and attach a digital pressure sensor to our units and feed that to a PC. The resolution needs to be very good since the test fails if the pressure changes by more than 0.04 psi. Is there a digital pressure sensor which we could use for this 2 atm waterproof test?
We would suggest a PR 33 X which is a high resolution digital interface pressure sensor that can be hooked up to a Windows PC to display and log the pressure. The PR 33X uses a high resolution 16 bit analog to digital converter to process the signal generated by the pressure transducer, and therefore it is possible to detect very small variations in pressure. A standard 3 bar gauge range will measure up to 43.5 psi / 2.96 atm, and will provide a reading resolution of ~0.001 psi which should be more than sufficient to adequately measure the pass/fail criteria for your water-proof test.
PR33X High Resolution Digital Interface Pressure Sensor
- SKU ID: s1-pr33x-0002
- Part No: 233305.1027 / 309010.0076
- Pressure Range: 3 bar vented gauge
- Analogue Output Signal: 4-20mA (2 wire)
- Digital Interface: USB to RS485 cable & software
- Electrical Connection: 5 pin Binder connector
- Process Connection: 1/4 BSP male
- Media Exposed Materials: Stainless steel 316L and Viton seals
- Oil Filling: Silicone oil (standard)
- Compensated Temperature Range: -10 to +80 DegC (standard)