I am looking for a water temperature depth sensor. I have a cooling tower application with a concrete sump located completely below ground level and would like to drop a sensor into a stilling chamber and measure the water depth along with the water temperature if possible. The depth range is 0 to 5 psi, the cable length required is 20 feet and the output signal will need to be 4 to 20 milliamps. What sensor specification would you suggest for this application?
We would suggest the IMSTL which is a submersible water temperature depth sensor with a 4-20mA output for both pressure and temperature measurement.
IMSTL Submersible Water Temperature Depth Transmitter
- Depth Range: 5 psi g (~3.5 mH2O g)
- Temperature Range: -20to+60degC (-4to+140degF)
- Cable Type: PUR
- Length of Cable (metres): 7
- Depth Accuracy: 0.1% FS linearity
- Depth Thermal zero shift: 0.02% FS/degC