We manufacture automotive sheet metal components like oil pans and fuel tanks which need to be checked for weld leakages. The parts have to be checked at 0.5 bar (50KPa) pressure. We are interested in measuring leakage which results in a drop of 200 Pa pressure over a period of 10 sec. We will be able to work with 0-10 V dc output. Please also recommend whether such a pressure sensor will require a master chamber of equal volume to that of the part being tested. Please suggest a suitable pressure sensor for this?
We would suggest the 33x high precision pressure sensor which has a high resolution analogue output due to the internal 16 bit digital to analogue converter. A 0-1 bar g 33X with a 0.002% fs resolution will detect a minimum pressure change of 2 Pascals. Since the resolution of the pressure sensor is adequate for measuring the pressure drop at 0.5 bar there is no need to employ a lower range differential device and a master chamber to improve the leak measurement resolution.
33X High Accuracy Digital Output Pressure Sensor
- Pressure Range: 1 bar vented gauge
- Analogue Output Signal: 0-10V (3 wire)
- Digital Interface: RS485 ready only
- Electrical Connection: DIN plug & socket, IP65
- Process Connection: G1/4 male
- Media Exposed Materials: Stainless steel 316L and Viton seals
- Oil Filling: Silicone oil (standard)
- Compensated Temperature Range: -10 to +80 DegC (standard)