We have an installation which involves measuring equipment in a tidally inundated tunnel. We need to know if there is water in the tunnel and the height and temperature of the water.
The copper nickel alloy version of the LMK458 submersible sensor is compatible with tidal water and can measure the hydrostatic height and temperature of the water surrounding the sensor.
The tidal height is determined by measuring the pressure of water and converting it metres of water. The conversion factor for pressure to height can be calculated using this tool if specific gravity (SG) ≠ 1, or the sensor can be scaled to a custom tidal water SG on request.
The tidal temperature is measured using a PT100 resistance thermometer which is incorporated into the housing of the LMK458.
LMK458 Tidal Height & Temperature Sensor
- SKU ID: s1-lmk458-6-14419
- Pressure Range: 0 to 5 mH2O
- Units: mH2O (SG=1)
- Reference Type: Sealed Gauge / Non-Vented (1bar to +P)
- Output Signal: 4 to 20 mA, 2 wire
- Accuracy: 0.25% FS
- Installation Type: Probe version with nose cone
- Housing Material: Copper Nickel Alloy (seawater compatible)
- Diaphragm Material: Ceramic Al2O3 96%
- Media Exposed Seals: FKM
- Cable Type: TPE-U (125degC max)
- Cable Length: 50
- Cable Length Units: Metres (m)
- Optional Extras: PT100 integral temperature sensor, Prepared for mounting with stainless steel pipe